Issues Logging in to the Eclipse portal

John D. Ament

Nov 29, 2017, 12:51:40 PM11/29/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I just tried to login to the Eclipse portal and it was failing for me.  It looks like Eclipse updated their password policy to require a minimum of 12 character passwords.  I'm not sure if this is why I couldn't login, but I was able to login via http://account.eclipse.org .  I was able to change my password to meet the new password requirement, and could suddenly login to the portal as well.

Hopefully I'm not the only one who ran into this issue.

Ken Finnigan

Nov 29, 2017, 1:53:10 PM11/29/17
to MicroProfile
I just ran into it now

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 12:51 PM, John D. Ament <john.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
I just tried to login to the Eclipse portal and it was failing for me.  It looks like Eclipse updated their password policy to require a minimum of 12 character passwords.  I'm not sure if this is why I couldn't login, but I was able to login via http://account.eclipse.org .  I was able to change my password to meet the new password requirement, and could suddenly login to the portal as well.

Hopefully I'm not the only one who ran into this issue.

Heiko Rupp

Nov 30, 2017, 10:45:46 AM11/30/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
It failed for me yesterday with my email address as key, but when I used the eclipse-internal username it worked without password change. So it may be something else.

John D. Ament

Nov 30, 2017, 11:04:12 AM11/30/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
It's been resolved at this point, apparently.  There was an SSL change that caused their PHP apps to stop working.  That was reverted.