Fujitsu released MP 1.1 implementation.

Kenji Kazumura

Nov 14, 2017, 7:45:15 AM11/14/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Fujitsu is pleased to announce to release our MP 1.1 implementation which is called 'Launcher'.

John D. Ament

Nov 14, 2017, 7:54:59 AM11/14/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Great news.  Also extremely glad to see someone else leveraging Geronimo Config!

John

John Clingan

Nov 14, 2017, 5:18:49 PM11/14/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Congratulations! I have added Launcher to the list of compatible implementations.

Lilian BENOIT

Nov 14, 2017, 5:44:24 PM11/14/17
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations!

I am happy to see other vendor who support microprofile specs

But discussion on How to claim compliance and visibility for MP specs is
relaunching
(https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/microprofile/8e879810-45c5-47a6-a35b-85d975cb98a2%40googlegroups.com)

Regards,
Lilian.

Le 2017-11-14 23:18, John Clingan a écrit :
> Congratulations! I have added Launcher to the list of compatible
> implementations [2].
>
> On Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 4:45:15 AM UTC-8, Kenji Kazumura
> wrote:
>
>> Fujitsu is pleased to announce to release our MP 1.1 implementation
>> which is called 'Launcher'.
>>
>> https://github.com/fujitsu/launcher [1]
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/microprofile/b1b386d3-3101-4578-a9ff-99ee7e7ee3a0%40googlegroups.com
> [3].
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://github.com/fujitsu/launcher
> [2] https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.microprofile
> [3]
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/microprofile/b1b386d3-3101-4578-a9ff-99ee7e7ee3a0%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> [4] https://groups.google.com/d/optout

Emily Jiang

Nov 14, 2017, 5:44:30 PM11/14/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Great news! Congratulations!

Emily

Guillermo González de Agüero

Nov 15, 2017, 8:00:05 AM11/15/17
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Great news and congratulations!

I saw Launcher is basically an embedded GlassFish 4 with the Microprofile specs on top of it. Any reason you chose to use GlassFish over Payara? I particularly sufered a lot of bugs on GlassFish 4.1.1, which were already fixed in Payara. Do you plan to keep stock GlassFish onwards or will you fork and patch it in some way?

Regards,

El mar., 14 nov. 2017 13:45, Kenji Kazumura <k...@jp.fujitsu.com> escribió:
Fujitsu is pleased to announce to release our MP 1.1 implementation which is called 'Launcher'.

Kenji Kazumura

Nov 15, 2017, 8:26:59 AM11/15/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Fujitsu also provides the Java EE certified application server which is called Interstage.
It is based on GlassFish, and Fujitsu has fixed a lot of bugs.
So Fujitsu will port these fixes to Launcher from now on.

2017年11月15日水曜日 22時00分05秒 UTC+9 Guillermo González de Agüero:

Guillermo González de Agüero

Nov 15, 2017, 8:32:26 AM11/15/17
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I was aware of Interstage but didn't know it was based on GlassFish. So I presume future versions of Launcher will be based on Interstage, no? Sounds good.

Regards,

Guillermo González de Agüero

Kenji Kazumura

Nov 15, 2017, 8:44:16 AM11/15/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
This is the matter to be decided. It may also depend on the relationship between MicroProfile and EE4J.

2017年11月15日水曜日 22時32分26秒 UTC+9 Guillermo González de Agüero:

Guillermo González de Agüero

Nov 15, 2017, 9:28:20 AM11/15/17
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for explaining, Kenji!

Tilen Faganel

Nov 15, 2017, 3:41:04 PM11/15/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Great news! Congratulation.

Arjan Tijms

Nov 17, 2017, 1:43:57 PM11/17/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi,

On Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 2:32:26 PM UTC+1, Guillermo González de Agüero wrote:
Thanks, I was aware of Interstage but didn't know it was based on GlassFish. So I presume future versions of Launcher will be based on Interstage, no? Sounds good.

Interestingly, all of the 3 Japanese EE servers are based on GlassFish. I started a series about them but never quite finished it. For the first part see: http://arjan-tijms.omnifaces.org/2015/05/necs-webotx-commercial-glassfish.html

Great to see Fujitsu onboard with MP, really nice!

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Werner Keil

Nov 18, 2017, 5:29:33 AM11/18/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi,

When it becomes clear, how GlassFish gets dumped into the bit "ocean" of EE4J, that should hopefully attract more participants that did not contribute to it so far under java.net. If many companies around the world have products on top of it, fixing bugs independently and seemingly even redundantly right now, doing so jointly should help the entire ecosystem as well as them and their customers.

Kind Regards,
Werner