How to learn microprofile?

Bikash Agrawal

Sep 27, 2019, 1:45:33 PM9/27/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hello there,

I would like to learn about microprofile? Is there any resource/ videos I can start with?

Please let me know.

Thank you.
Bikash

Amelia Eiras

Sep 27, 2019, 3:23:49 PM9/27/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Welcome Bikash,

Using work-in-progress git issue:
A few MicroProfilers have put a zip file that will become a part of the MP website call 2 action tab under Contributors:  contribute_page.zip

Please use the current zip file.  If at all possible while navigating it, you are most welcomed to provide direct feedback on its effectiveness & make it better directly via the ticket. :)

Thank you for reaching out via proper forum, already look forward to collaborating with you!

Ivan St. Ivanov

Sep 27, 2019, 3:28:58 PM9/27/19
to MicroProfile
Hi Bikash,

You can also try the MicroProfile hands-on-lab prepared by the Bulgarian JUG:

Check out its README on how to get it going. :)

Yeah, it doesn't include the latest versions of most of the MicroProfile specs, but still most of it is much relevant.

I will be happy to follow up with any questions to you have. :)

Cheers,
Ivan

Yee Kang Chang

Sep 27, 2019, 4:12:25 PM9/27/19
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bikash,

There are various resources out there by different people (e.g. Adam Bien, Sebastian Daschner) that you can check out depending on what works best for you.

The different implementations usually have resources to help you get going too.

Open Liberty has a bunch of guides for MicroProfile you can use to learn hands-on: https://openliberty.io/guides/?search=microprofile

Have fun!

Emily Jiang

Oct 1, 2019, 6:05:13 AM10/1/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Thanks for showing interests in MicroProfile! Just in case you have not seen, https://microprofile.io/resources/ has some useful info to get you started. Recently, I published a blog with an overview on most MicroProfile specifications, which might help you learn MicroProfile even quicker if you have Spring background.

Thanks
Emily

Ondro Mihályi

Oct 1, 2019, 6:47:57 PM10/1/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi Bikash,

Here's a very good resource to learn MicroProfile:

It contains a tutorial for almost all Microprofile features and is recently being updated to cover all of them in a near future.

Ondro

Bikash Agrawal

Oct 2, 2019, 2:41:50 AM10/2/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Thank you all for sharing the links/ videos etc. I am now starting my journey to learn Microprofile.