Page with implementations overview not up to date

Rudy De Busscher

Mar 31, 2018, 11:04:26 AM3/31/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
All,

Playing around with some MP implementations, I noticed that the information on the page https://wiki.eclipse.org/MicroProfile/Implementation is not up to date.

Maybe some libraries / servers haven't passed the TCK yet, but then they should be mentioned in the 'in progress' column.

Is it possible that everyone who works on such implementations updates the information on this page?

In the light of the MP1.4 (mainly focussed on developer experience if I'm not mistaking) in it is important to give the correct and up to date information so that (s)he can make correct decisions about what to use.

Thx
Rudy

Ondro Mihályi

Apr 1, 2018, 3:41:56 PM4/1/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi, Rudy,

Do you have any specific implementations in mind? If you know about an implementation that's not listed, please provide more info. Even better is to ask the people behind such implementation to update the wiki page directly and regularly.

It's not possible for the MicroProfile committers to keep track of all implementations. Any implementer should either directly edit the page (if they have an Eclipse account) or ask somebody to do it for them, e.g. on this mailing list.

--Ondro

Rudy De Busscher

Apr 2, 2018, 4:05:41 AM4/2/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ondro,

I'm not aware of all implementations nor the people behind it.  The message was to, hopefully, trigger a few of them to keep that page up to date.

But here is a list of some remarks from me (at the risk of missing some of them and by no means blaming people behind those implementations)

- Geronimo Config is Config 1.2
- Apache CXF has a Rest Client implementation
- KumuluzEE has all the MP 1.2 specs
- TomEE 7.0.x is MP 1.0 compliant. (TomEE 8 - not released yet - is MP 1.1 compliant)
- ???

From what I can judge, info about Payara Micro, Open Liberty, and WildFly swarm is quite up to date.

Rudy

--Ondro

Kevin Sutter

Apr 2, 2018, 4:49:32 PM4/2/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi Rudy,
As Ondro pointed out, this page is really meant for each implementation to keep up-to-date.  It is just a wiki, so most anybody should have update authority.  I think the first couple of edits are moderated to keep out bots, but otherwise it should be pretty much open...

If you can confirm that the items in your list are accurate, then please do update the page.  Or, get the implementors to update it...

Even the Payara, Open Liberty, and Wildfly updates are hard to keep up to date at times...  For example, Open Liberty is now MP 1.3 compliant, but we hadn't updated this page yet.  Thanks for the ping!  :-)

-- Kevin