Werner Keil

Jan 31, 2017, 5:21:13 AM1/31/17
to MicroProfile
Hi,

Who plans to attend JavaLand 2017?

Andy from Tomitribe will talk about Microprofile on Wednesday:
https://www.doag.org/konferenz/konferenzplaner/konferenzplaner_details.php?id=522447&locS=1&vid=529538

Ivar and Rudy also have talks about JSRs like Security (375) or MVC.

I was honored to help in the Early Adopters Area, see:
http://www.javaland.eu/en/program/community-activities/

And while the schedule is pending further update, also invited to host a Java EE 8 panel discussion as part of the community activities.
Tuesday 11am right after the keynote. Beside fellow JCP or EC members like Ivar, we heard, Adam Bien will also participate, and other JUG leaders, Star Spec Leads or Java Champions. So hope some of you are able to join us.

Community Activities show a workshop about "Reactive Coding with Spring Boot" that same evening from 6pm, so the Early Adopters, Hackergarten, NightHacking (Stephen Chin could not make it so a few other volunteers would still be welcome if present;-) or other Community sessions allow to demonstrate alternatives based on Microprofile and (more) Java Standards.

CU there,
Werner

Andy Gumbrecht

Mar 27, 2017, 8:19:13 AM3/27/17
to Werner Keil, MicroProfile
I've just arrived at the Ling Bao hotel. Getting a quick break and working on the slides. Meeting up with Markus Eisele later.

Werner Keil

Mar 27, 2017, 11:17:07 AM3/27/17
to Andy Gumbrecht, MicroProfile
I hope to arrive in time for the Dinner, but still flying from a meeting into Düsseldorf.

Hope you also join the Java EE or Anatole's config session tomorrow, which is somewhat related to MicroProfile.
Cannot stay for Wed I'm afraid as I have work again.

CU  later,
Werner

John Clingan

Mar 27, 2017, 2:32:27 PM3/27/17
to MicroProfile, agumb...@tomitribe.com
FYI, the Devoxx.us MicroProfile BOF slides if you want to leverage anything:

Google Docs:

We've talked about setting up a presentation repo. Probably a good idea at some point.

Andy Gumbrecht

Mar 27, 2017, 6:05:08 PM3/27/17
to John Clingan, MicroProfile
Thanks John, I still feel really bad that I missed it.

Mike Croft

Mar 30, 2017, 9:14:01 AM3/30/17
to MicroProfile
We talked about setting up a presentation repo, and did! It's here:
https://github.com/microprofile/microprofile-presentations

It looks a little out-of-date though and isn't part of the repos migrated to Eclipse.

Alternatively, I see no reason why we couldn't add these to the documentation repository. I created an issue there to discuss it further:

Ondrej Mihályi

Apr 6, 2017, 8:36:52 PM4/6/17
to MicroProfile
In my opinion, all the repos that were not migrated to eclipse org are still valid. Only the repos directly related to the deliverables plus the documentation repo were migrated.

It's important to limit the number of repos we have under Eclipse because it involves a lot of additional bureaucracy and IP checks. I would only link to the presentations repo from the documentation rep and leave it under microprofile org, because it's not essential for the project. It would also leave it open for anybody to edit, without needing to sign Eclipse CLA.

--Ondrej

Dňa štvrtok, 30. marca 2017 15:14:01 UTC+2 Mike Croft napísal(-a):