[MARKETING] Marketing Meeting Minutes

Theresa Nguyen

Jul 14, 2017, 12:33:11 PM7/14/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile

MicroProfile Marketing Meeting Minutes

July 14, 2017

Attendees:

Angela Warner

Dominka Tasarz

Kat Hirsch

Kevin Cox

Ian Skerrett

AGENDA

    • Action plan & unveiling

    • Social media - usage and access

    • Amplifying message for voting that started this past Monday, July 10, 2017

  • Blog post - Mike Croft - http://mikecroft.io/2017/07/11/microprofile-1-year-on.html

  • JavaOne planning - too early to discuss?

    • Venue for evening event

    • Booth - Tomitribe, IBM, RedHat, Payara

      • 3 companies - $2500 ea? 4th contribution goes to where?

    • T-shirt - participants, count, logistics, decision time?

    • Hoodies - participants, count, logistics, decision time?

    • Print collateral?

DISCUSSION & DECISIONS

  • Welcome note & conduct

    • Everyone welcomed to join not just marketing members

    • Minutes posted on Eclipse calendar invite

    • After call, minutes should be posted within 30 min.

    • Communication protocol - community discussions and announcements done on google group, marketing work activities done within marketing group

  • Social media

    • Goal is to post once a week

    • Guideline on what to post and conduct

    • Give access to all marketing members to post

  • Tags - 17 used by marketing

  • Logo revamp

    • We need to give another push on Monday July 17th, get more voters

    • Update social media channel images - YES

    • Collateral designs - stickers, PPT template, retractable banner - YES

    • Styleguide - YES

    • Announcement of winner - July 25th on MP Live Hangout

    • Action Plan - July 28th MP Marketing group

    • Announcement / “Unveiling” & Action Plan - August 8th on MP Live Hangout, then Google group

  • JavaOne

    • Signage - YES

      • What we need? TBD

    • T-shirts - YES

      • Collaborate on 1 design

      • Vendor print, pay (TBD), store and distribute

      • Need estimate: 100-150 per vendor

    • Hoodie - MAYBE

      • If there’s a game or some sort of incentive in place to give hoodie, then maybe a “yes”, otherwise looking like “no”

      • Suggestion - experts have them?

      • Revisit on next meeting - 7/28 Marketing group

    • Stickers - YES

    • Payara - not sponsoring booth, will sponsor collateral

    • Lead-time for print? 3 weeks. Full month of August to work on materials.

    • Print collaterals - YES

      • 1 pager flyer

      • Content & message - worked on by group

    • Press and analyst

      • Create plan

    • Evening event/party: PartyOne - maybe, TBD in two weeks

  • Eclipse newsletter - YES

    • Each month has a theme

    • 100k subscribers

    • September newsletter will be around MP: need 5 authors

    • Google group - call for authors, need commitment by early August, topics by early September

    • David Blevins as guest editor/co-editor? Open to community

  • Agenda for next meeting:

    • Logo & action plan

    • Social media guideline for use

    • JavaOne

ACTIONS

  • Social media - add to website? YES (THERESA)

  • Social media admins - Kat, Dominika, Kevin, Angela (THERESA)

  • Social media - Theresa to start or Domika after 2 weeks if not started yet (T & D)

  • Logo revamp

    • Action plan - start document & share with group for input before next meeting (THERESA)

  • JavaOne

    • T-shirt pricing: pricing check for bulk vs individual buy (KAT)

    • Send Kat vendor info (THERESA & DOMINIKA)

  • Eclipse Newsletter

    • Create google group topic: “call for authors” (IAN)

Amelia Eiras

Jul 18, 2017, 12:33:55 PM7/18/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Wonderful update on mktg matters team.

Excited to see that +120 votes are in for Logo voting.

Thank you T for owning the detailed update on behalf of team for July 10th week :)

A.

John Clingan

Jul 20, 2017, 4:49:43 PM7/20/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Ack. The marketing team is rockin' and rollin'. The impact has been noticeable, and will be even moreso when we nail down the logo and reach JavaOne!

Amelia Eiras

Jul 24, 2017, 6:05:58 PM7/24/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile

Happy Monday MP Community,

To Mktg team:

Are there any updates on the:

  • Logo Redesign Voting results?

Thanks Mktg team,

Theresa Nguyen

Jul 24, 2017, 6:48:29 PM7/24/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hello group - My apologies for not being able to attend tomorrow MP Hangout to announce the winner. We have plans to "unveil" the newly selected design on August 8th along with an action plan plus voting outcomes and impact (stats, KPI, etc). If this information is needed sooner, please response to this thread and let us know.

Thank you,
The MP Marketing Team

Theresa Nguyen

Jul 28, 2017, 12:15:08 PM7/28/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile

July 28, 2017

Attendees:

Lauren Frazier

Steve (IBM)

Dominka Tasarz

Kevin Cox

Ryan St. James

AGENDA

  • Last meeting’s to-do items

  • Logo winner

  • JavaOne

  • Blog status

  • MP Marketing Plan updates (by Kevin Cox)

  • New MP group email addresses

DISCUSSION & DECISIONS

  • Social media on website - GIT ticket

  • Social media admins - In progress. List of channels and admins

  • Logo revamp - Action plan

  • Twitter: invite only googlegroup email

  • Marketing: microprofil...@googlegroups.com

  • JavaOne Eclipse MP booth: Tomitribe, IBM, Red

    • Game/bingo - drive booth visits (hoodie giveaway)

      • Tomitribe - ? qty

      • Payara - ? qty

      • Hazelcast - ? qty

    • MicroProfile

    • Schedule to man booth: Tomitribe, Hazelcast, Payara, Redhat (John), more TBD

    • Booth content: Demo, code sample, talk to experts, resource info

    • 1 page datasheet insert for distribution

    • PR activities needed

  • Who’s going to be spokesperson on each topic? Community/vendor to find out

  • Need to work on talking points like code samples, things to focus on, etc.

  • Content for marketing activities needed

  • Agenda for next time - August 11th

    • Action items from previous meeting

    • JavaOne

    • Website

    • MicroProfile 1.1 promotion planning

ACTIONS

  • Hoodie pricing (find out from RH print volume last year) - KAT

  • Booth schedule - THERESA

  • JavaOne workbook (timeline spreadsheet for booth, PR, print, etc) - THERESA

  • PR activities - KEVIN lead, DOMIKA (TechTarget interview), THERESA (Dzone interview)

  • Drafting talking points - KEVIN

  • MicroProfile 1.1 promotion planning - start convo on group post - DOMINIKA

John Clingan

Jul 29, 2017, 3:15:30 PM7/29/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Theresa, I'd recommend cross-posting this in the marketing group as well. BTW, I really like that they are posted here for those that do not plan to join the marketing list just so we can see status/activity. IMHO, keep cross-posting even though the marketing group has been set up (thanks Amelia!).

Theresa Nguyen

Jul 30, 2017, 8:11:38 PM7/30/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile, microprofil...@googlegroups.com

Amelia Eiras

Jul 31, 2017, 5:57:37 PM7/31/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile, microprofil...@googlegroups.com
Mktg team & all,

While the MP media channels are  being set up, I suggest MP standardized is msg across all platforms with its Mission Statement, currently 3 are set up:

MP Tweeter:

  • https://twitter.com/MicroProfileIO
  • "OSS project aims at optimizing Enterprise Java for a microservices architecture by innovating across multiple implementations with the goal of standardization."
gForum group: Mission Statement:
  • An open forum to optimize Enterprise Java for a microservices architecture by innovating across multiple implementations and collaborating on common areas of interest with a goal of standardization.  http://microprofile.io
IO site:

  • An open forum to optimize Enterprise Java for a microservices architecture by innovating across multiple implementations and collaborating on common areas of interest with a goal of standardization.

Cheers,