MicroProfile Health, FaultTolerance, Config and Metrics implemented in KumuluzEE

Matjaz B. Juric

Sep 27, 2017, 7:20:57 PM9/27/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hello,

Just wanted to let you know that in KumuluzEE we have implemented (in addition to MicroProfile 1.1) also the MicroProfile Health 1.0, Fault Tolerance 1.0 and Config 1.1. You can have a look here:
-    Health: https://github.com/kumuluz/kumuluzee-health
-    Fault tolerance: https://github.com/kumuluz/kumuluzee-fault-tolerance
-    Config: https://github.com/kumuluz/kumuluzee-config-mp

We also have Metrics implemented, but the implementation is not yet fully compliant with MP Metrics 1.0 (we are working on it): https://github.com/kumuluz/kumuluzee-metrics

Samples are available here:
https://github.com/kumuluz/kumuluzee-samples/tree/master/kumuluzee-health
https://github.com/kumuluz/kumuluzee-samples/tree/master/kumuluzee-fault-tolerance-hystrix
https://github.com/kumuluz/kumuluzee-samples/tree/master/kumuluzee-config-mp
https://github.com/kumuluz/kumuluzee-samples/tree/master/kumuluzee-metrics

Here is a tutorial on how to develop a cloud-native Java EE microservice application:
https://github.com/kumuluz/kumuluzee-samples/tree/master/tutorial-microservice-config-discovery-faulttolerance-logs-metrics-security

Please feel free to use the samples for any demonstration or session if you wish to demonstrate these MicroProfile features.

For any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Matjaz

Scott Stark

Sep 28, 2017, 4:35:20 PM9/28/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Nice. You are working on an MP-JWT 1.0 feature as well correct?

Matjaz B. Juric

Sep 28, 2017, 4:39:38 PM9/28/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile

Yes, we are, but we need a few more days to finish it.

Best regards,

Matjaz

Heiko Rupp

Sep 29, 2017, 6:03:18 AM9/29/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Wow, great to hear.

Emily Jiang

Sep 29, 2017, 6:44:10 AM9/29/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
wow... Congratulation!!

Do you plan to update the MicroProfile conference app to demonstrate the features in J1?

Emily

Matjaz B. Juric

Sep 29, 2017, 8:08:06 AM9/29/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile

Thanks for mentioning. We can prepare Schedule and Speaker microservices for the demonstration.

Where will this demonstration at J1 take place and how can we participate? Will this take place at the Microprofile booth?  Will there be a session on the conference?

Thanks,

Matjaz

Emily Jiang

Sep 29, 2017, 5:44:35 PM9/29/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Good questions. I think individual vendors can demo the conference app in their booth. I don't think there is a session on the conference app.

Emily

Matjaz B. Juric

Sep 30, 2017, 6:32:17 AM9/30/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
We have added KumuluzEE implementations of the Schedule and the Speaker microservices. Both services have Health (/health endpoint), Metrics (/metrics) and Config included and implemented. For Metrics, there is also a Prometheus exporter accessible on /prometheus (which is a nice addition for the demo).
https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-conference/pull/169

Best regards,
Matjaz

Heiko Rupp

Sep 30, 2017, 6:56:20 AM9/30/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
As I just wrote on the PR:

The MP-Metrics /metrics should respond with Prometheus text data if nothing else is requested, so how is /prometheus different here?

John Clingan

Oct 9, 2017, 10:05:19 PM10/9/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
With the rush to JavaOne this got by me. Congrats!!

Heiko Rupp

Oct 13, 2017, 6:43:30 AM10/13/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Is there a (pre-built) version of this available for download somewhere?

Matjaz B. Juric

Oct 13, 2017, 10:58:20 AM10/13/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
You can download the Uber-JARs from here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eqzufcle3zc6z3w/AACyx-UxIIMGikD7o1mIzN8ca?dl=0

However, you simply go into the subdirectory and then use mvn clean package to build the JARs.

Hope this helps. Best regards,
Matjaz

Heiko Rupp

Oct 13, 2017, 1:23:46 PM10/13/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Ah, I was very unclear - I meant the server itself so that I can deploy an application of mine.
The background is that I want to showcase this at EclipseCon Europe

Matjaz B. Juric

Oct 13, 2017, 2:12:10 PM10/13/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi Heiko,
I'm still not sure if I understand the question. KumuluzEE does not require a server. Everything, including the runtime is packed into the JAR (Uber JAR). You only need JRE to execute such Java EE microservice (Uber JAR). For example: java -jar microservice-schedule-kumuluzee.jar

To develop and build a KumuluzEE microservice you also only required IDE and Maven – and then you add the required dependencies, as mentioned here:
https://github.com/kumuluz/kumuluzee/blob/master/README.md
Tutorials and samples are here: https://ee.kumuluz.com/tutorial

We can help you with the preparation and would appreciate it very much if you do a showcase at EclipseCon Europe.
Please let me know. Thanks,
Matjaz

John Clingan

Oct 16, 2017, 7:59:04 PM10/16/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Matjaz, has KumulezEE passed all the relevant TCKs?

Matjaz B. Juric

Oct 17, 2017, 5:24:47 PM10/17/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi John,
For the specs which we fully support, yes (config, health, fault tolerance). Metrics are not yet fully compliant.
Best regards,
Matjaz