Re: [microprofile-wg] MicroProfile restructuring review successful

Amelia Eiras

Oct 28, 2020, 6:09:35 PM10/28/20
to Microprofile WG discussions, MicroProfile Community
Thank you so much Wayne and Eclipse EMO!

It has been a long year, lots of discussions & time... Therefore, it is so exciting that we can finally move forward, yay!

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 3:04 PM Wayne Beaton <wayne....@eclipse-foundation.org> wrote:
Greetings MicroProfile Working Group.

The restructuring review has been declared successful. The EMO will update the project metadata to reflect the change.

As discussed, as part of this, several committers will be suspended pending them being covered by the legal documentation required for a specification project.

I ran a quick query and discovered that seven of the committers in this state have not made a commit in more than one year. As I stated in an earlier thread, the suspended state for a committer will manifest as though the committer has retired (i.e., they will be listed as an "Historical Committer"). If we do not receive agreements from these committers, they'll stay in this state.

Note that the "Eclipse MicroProfile" name may continue to manifest in a few places in our interfaces for a little while while the update rolls out. Your patience is appreciated.

I'm tracking the restructuring work on Bug 568350.

Wayne

--

Wayne Beaton

Director of Open Source Projects | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

Join us at our virtual event: EclipseCon 2020 - October 20-22