Fwd: [jakarta.ee-community] New JakartaEE "Subscribe" mailing list stickers design

Amelia Eiras

Mar 14, 2020, 8:12:43 PM3/14/20
to MicroProfile
Happy Saturday MicroProfilers,

Forwarding a new feature that is much needed in the JAKARTA project, with reference to the creation of the dedicated MP Dev forum emails happening this month.

I am counting a minimum of at least 12+, bias to the core, I would love for the MP site (as call to action for #ossDOERS ) & cute sticker,  to also become available as soon as those MPmailing lists are public & operational without glitches.

A fun side of branding that’s efficient, simple & valuable in the short & long term. 💛

Sent from my IPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Ryan St. James" <rstj...@tomitribe.com>
Date: March 13, 2020 at 4:22:17 PM PDT
To: jakarta.ee...@eclipse.org, Jonathan Gallimore <jgall...@tomitribe.com>

Hello all!
Wanted to share the new JakartaEE subscribe stickers that @Jonathan Gallimore and I put together this week. The QR code will direct people to the new mailing list page on the JakartaEE site https://jakarta.ee/connect/mailing-lists/. I think this size and shape will be pretty fun to have on our laptops.

They will be printed 2x2in (5.08 cm x 5.08) with rounded corners
Print pdf is attached.

Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 4.14.52 PM.png
JakartaEE-Sticker-2x2-PRINT.pdf

Emily Jiang

From: "Ryan St. James" <rstj...@tomitribe.com>
Date: March 13, 2020 at 4:22:17 PM PDT
To: jakarta.e...@eclipse.org, Jonathan Gallimore <jgall...@tomitribe.com>

Hello all!
Wanted to share the new JakartaEE subscribe stickers that ...@Jonathan Gallimore and I put together this week. The QR code will direct people to the new mailing list page on the JakartaEE site https://jakarta.ee/connect/mailing-lists/. I think this size and shape will be pretty fun to have on our laptops.

David Blevins

Mar 16, 2020, 8:52:59 PM3/16/20
to Micro Profile
On Mar 16, 2020, at 5:15 AM, 'Emily Jiang' via Eclipse MicroProfile <microp...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

+1 as this helps reach out to more developers! Biased as David Blevins and I baked the QRCode idea for Jakarta EE at DevNexus:o.

Indeed.  Let's see if we can keep that going :)

Since there aren't going to be many conferences happening in the near future, how can we pivot the idea to something that might be more effective?

Maybe we can make we can make an SVG people can put in their slides for any online talks?  Some sort of get-involved page on the microprofile.io site and a QR code that leads to that page.  Perhaps we even put the QR code on the page so people naturally know how to share the page.

Any other crazy and clever ideas?

-David