Consistency of @Priority across Specs

John D. Ament

Oct 23, 2017, 10:32:40 AM10/23/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Raising this question to a broader group to get some input.   Andy McCright noted that the JAX-RS spec is using @Priority and interpreting lower values for this to be more important to run.  In CDI, we use higher priorities to signify which takes precedence.  The same pattern was used in the MP Config spec, using a higher priority for converters chooses that converter over others.

I was planning to keep that pattern alive for the rest client, if there's multiple impls on the classpath choose the one with highest priority.  That may be an issue for JAX-RS users.  I'm wondering how others feel about this?  Is JAX-RS the spec that's wrong in this regard?

John

Ken Finnigan

Oct 23, 2017, 10:33:26 AM10/23/17
to MicroProfile