Fwd: JavaOne 2017 T-shirt

Amelia Eiras

Aug 17, 2017, 11:31:19 PM8/17/17
to MicroProfile, MicroProfile Marketing
Team,

Are there any design drafts of MP 2017 t-shirt ready for Community feedback?
If not, when can we expected?

Bringing this thread from mktg@ email to general forum.

Thanks,

Begin forwarded message:

From: Dominika Tasarz-Sochacka <dominik...@payara.fish>
Subject: RE: JavaOne 2017 T-shirt
Date: August 15, 2017 at 2:34:12 AM PDT
To: Angela M Warner <war...@us.ibm.com>, Cesar Saavedra <csaa...@redhat.com>
Cc: Amelia Eiras <aei...@tomitribe.com>, MicroProfile Marketing <microprofil...@googlegroups.com>, Steve Miszkewycz <swmi...@us.ibm.com>

I agree! Large MicroProfile logo on the front ( also will help to promote the new one!) and partners’ logos on the back.

Printing bright colours on the dark/ish background usually works best.

Cheers,

Dominika Tasarz-Sochacka

Head of Marketing & Community Builder at Payara Services Ltd
Payara Server – Derived from GlassFish, with 24/7 Production Support

From: Cesar Saavedra <csaa...@redhat.com>
To: Angela M Warner <war...@us.ibm.com>
Cc: Amelia Eiras <aei...@tomitribe.com>, MicroProfile Marketing <microprofil...@googlegroups.com>, Steve Miszkewycz <swmi...@us.ibm.com>, Cesar Saavedra <csaa...@redhat.com>
Date: 08/14/2017 05:07 PM
Sent by: microprofil...@googlegroups.com

Last year, Duke was too big and taking attention away from the Eclipse MicroProfile logo. Now that we have a new logo, I think it should be in front and large to grab the center of attention so that people can start recognizing our new logo.

My $0.02,
Cesar

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 4:54 PM, Angela M Warner <war...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

Yes I like this. Great to put all the partner logos on the back of the shirt.

I'll take your recommendation on the higher quality t-shirt - so great to see people wearing a logo shirt after many washes. :)

Would we want to go with grey with yellow writing vs. a yellow shirt.

Angela M Warner
WW Hybrid Management Portfolio Marketing Manager

war...@us.ibm.com Office (919) 847-7448 Mobile (919) 454-4956

Inactive hide details for Amelia Eiras ---08/14/2017 01:20:26 PM---Buenos dias Mktg  team,  For reference attached please find Amelia Eiras ---08/14/2017 01:20:26 PM---Buenos dias Mktg team, For reference attached please find the MP-2016 Shirt!:)

From:
Amelia Eiras <aei...@tomitribe.com>
To:
MicroProfile Marketing <
microprofil...@googlegroups.com>
Date:
08/14/2017 01:20 PM
Re: JavaOne 2017 T-shirt
Sent by:
microprofil...@googlegroups.com

Buenos dias Mktg team,

For reference attached please find the MP-2016 Shirt!:)

Same format for 2017 shirt is to add all Vendors posted in MP.io as a must requirement.

My direct recommendation on actual t-shirt is to change its material [Canvas- bella+canvas]... after a few washes you can see how my MP shirt looks, not optimal.

          • One suggestion could be to use Next Level style 6210. If going with 6210, there is no differentiation for male or female shirt, unisex works great. From experience, I can tell you that 6210— material, style, cut ROCKS, even after 100 washes, shirts are in superb condition.
          • About color, will go as far as avoiding a blue shirt… At conference, the uniform is mostly blue jeans & shirts. MP has yellow as its core color, lets this time around go with yellow, bold & fun.
          • http://www.nextlevelapparel.com/Prod-24-1-30-10/men39s-cvc-crew.htm

Please consider this my direct input on topic since I cannot attend the video meeting.

Cheers,

Amelia Eiras

https://twitter.com/ameliaeiras
http://www.tomitribe.com
https://www.tomitribe.io

On Aug 14, 2017, at 9:46 AM, Angela M Warner <war...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

Hi Ian.

Would it make sense to create T-shirts which have the new logo on the front and all the partners' logos on the back - so we each get credit for being part of MicroProfile.

Let me know and we can discuss on the next call.

Thanks.

Angela M Warner
WW Hybrid Management Portfolio Marketing Manager

war...@us.ibm.com Office (919) 847-7448 Mobile (919) 454-4956

<graycol.gif>"ian.skerrett" ---08/14/2017 09:56:00 AM---All, The Eclipse Foundation had an action item to do some research on the

From:
"ian.skerrett" <ian.sk...@eclipse-foundation.org>
To:
Eclipse MicroProfile Marketing <
microprofil...@googlegroups.com>
Date:
08/14/2017 09:56 AM
Subject:
JavaOne T-shirt
Sent by:
microprofil...@googlegroups.com

All,

The Eclipse Foundation had an action item to do some research on the pricing of Eclipse Microprofile t-shirts that would be distributed at JavaOne. The intent was for each member to be able to distribute these shirts from their own booth. Based on our research, there is not a really price difference between ordering 100 vs 250+ t-shirts, the difference is about $1 per shirt. Therefore, I would like to suggest that we develop a consistent design but then each company takes care to order their own supply.

I hope this makes sense.

Ian

Cesar Saavedra
Senior Principal Technical Product Marketing Manager
csaa...@redhat.com
(407) 492-9801

Ryan St. James

Aug 18, 2017, 4:30:02 AM8/18/17
to MicroProfile
Hello all,
Sorry about the delay just heard the shirt designs were needed.
What I read in the email chain is that people are leaning towards logo on the font and partners' logos on the back.
I am suggesting a dark blue shirt sense the new logo is gold and dark blue.

Questions:
- Do we want a tag line somewhere?
- Saying "partners" on the back above the logos?

What I need:
All partner logos in vector format. (please in one folder on GD)

Rough design layouts of shirts:

Front: (simple logo on front)
Inline image 1

Back V1:
Partner logos on top and MP icon on bottom right. I did this in the past for some shirt designs and it looked really good. (special touch not seen a lot)

Inline image 2

Back V2:
MP icon on top with Partners (stylized like mp font), partner logos under

Inline image 3

Looking forward to everyones feedback,

Ryan

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/microprofile-marketing/0568950F-AA50-41FF-AC0A-63DCE2045007%40tomitribe.com.
Amelia Eiras

https://twitter.com/ameliaeiras
http://www.tomitribe.com
https://www.tomitribe.io

On Aug 14, 2017, at 9:46 AM, Angela M Warner <war...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

Hi Ian.

Would it make sense to create T-shirts which have the new logo on the front and all the partners' logos on the back - so we each get credit for being part of MicroProfile.

Let me know and we can discuss on the next call.

Thanks.

Angela M Warner
WW Hybrid Management Portfolio Marketing Manager

war...@us.ibm.com Office (919) 847-7448 Mobile (919) 454-4956

<graycol.gif>"ian.skerrett" ---08/14/2017 09:56:00 AM---All, The Eclipse Foundation had an action item to do some research on the

From:
"ian.skerrett" <ian.skerrett@eclipse-foundation.org>
To:
Eclipse MicroProfile Marketing <
microprofile-marketing@googlegroups.com>
Date:
08/14/2017 09:56 AM
Subject:
JavaOne T-shirt
Sent by:
microprofile-marketing@googlegroups.com

All,

The Eclipse Foundation had an action item to do some research on the pricing of Eclipse Microprofile t-shirts that would be distributed at JavaOne. The intent was for each member to be able to distribute these shirts from their own booth. Based on our research, there is not a really price difference between ordering 100 vs 250+ t-shirts, the difference is about $1 per shirt. Therefore, I would like to suggest that we develop a consistent design but then each company takes care to order their own supply.

I hope this makes sense.

Ian

Cesar Saavedra
Senior Principal Technical Product Marketing Manager
csaa...@redhat.com
(407) 492-9801

Heiko Rupp

Aug 18, 2017, 5:35:49 AM8/18/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Looks awesome.

Can I get one even if not going to J1 (but presenting at ECE) ?

Emily Jiang

Aug 18, 2017, 6:40:25 AM8/18/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Can I order one as well? Is it possible to be in black? All the rest look awesome! Great job!

Amelia Eiras

Aug 18, 2017, 12:21:02 PM8/18/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile, Ryan St. James, MicroProfile Marketing
Ryan,

Wonderful first drafts RSJ! :)

Feedback:

-- Deep blue rocks as the color of t-shirt with white & yellow.
-- front design looks great

 Please work on a 2nd draft design for the back as follows:
  • keep MP logo placed on the right bottom position is cool
  • can you add below the M also the letters Eclipse, we need Eclipse some place in the t-shirt
  • replace Partners with #MicroProfilers instead;   "#";  everyone in MP is a MicroProfilers
  • lower the placement of #MicroProfilers;  [remember those who have long hair:) ]
  • lets try making the Partners' logo bigger, if possible
  • add below the partners' logos MP website: http://microprofile.io

Thanks Triber,

Amelia Eiras

Aug 18, 2017, 12:43:37 PM8/18/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile, rstj...@tomitribe.com, microprofil...@googlegroups.com, Ian Skerrett
Dias Ian,

Can the MP shirt use the Eclipse logo? Thanks for feedback! :)

If yes, -- RSJ maybe instead of adding the words, we could add the Eclipse logo on the bottom right side before the M logo?
or something like that...

csaa...@redhat.com

Aug 18, 2017, 12:45:55 PM8/18/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile, rstj...@tomitribe.com, microprofil...@googlegroups.com
Very nice designs Ryan.  Here's my feedback:

- not so sure about the small logo on the back all the way at the bottom right.  A lot of people wear their t-shirts tucked in so back logo won't be seen
- I would leave the small MicroProfile logo above the partner logos (I've seen Adidas and Nike do this with team sports logos)
- I like the idea of adding #MicroProfilers on the bottom just below the partner logos on the back. Is anybody using this hashtag in their social media channels?  I don't think we have been using it in MicroProfile.io's social media broadcasts, so we need to start using #MicroProfilers
- I like the idea of including the website somewhere.  If you think that it's already too crowded on the back, then you could put the website URL below "MicroProfile" in smaller font on the front of the t-shirt.  Otherwise, you could try to find a good spot on the back.

Thanks,
Cesar

Amelia Eiras

Aug 18, 2017, 1:05:35 PM8/18/17
to Cesar Saavedra, MicroProfile, Ryan St. James, MicroProfile Marketing
  • about 95% of t-shirt wearers in our IT Community prefer using t-shirts untucked
    • with the M large logo in the front, even if someone chooses to tuck shirt, it is still ok
    • should t-shirt be able to use the Eclipse logo [awaiting to hear from Ian], we could place the Eclipse logo in the back
    • Eclipse logo could replace where the M logo is placed on the back before the partners’  logos.   Statement theme: Eclipse logo followed below by #MicroProfilers
  • Via MP tweeter, #microprofilers  was used on July 25th:) https://twitter.com/search?q=%23microprofilers&src=typd
  • the front design seems perfect as it is, clean & bold
    • in the back,  below the partners' logos seems to be the best place for website address

To all, please give your feedback on MP shirt 2017. :)
JavaOne is around the corner, there is not much time to make the printing deadlines.

Personally—  i look forward to wearing MP shirt this winter!

Ryan St. James

Aug 18, 2017, 1:11:48 PM8/18/17
to csaavedr, Eclipse MicroProfile, microprofil...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the fast feedback.

Ok with:
- add  #
- partner logos bigger
- adding eclipse (not sure where it could go. Front under "microprofile logo"? )

Conflicting comments:
Back bottom "M":  (Tucking in shirt)
My opinion: I think a much higher % don't tuck it t-shirts.

Back top "M" (Hair issue)
My opinion: higher % have short hair.

Ok with either M placement

Adding URL:
My opinion: Adding a URL is kinda tacky and makes the shirt less fun (especially having # too). Everyone just types the "name" into a search engine.

After all the feedback comes in we should have a quick call about it or a recap email.

Thank you. Have a great weekend everyone!
Ryan

Theresa Nguyen

Aug 18, 2017, 4:45:47 PM8/18/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile Marketing, rstj...@tomitribe.com, MicroProfile, Martijn Verburg
All,

T-shirt and hoodie designs. We would like to place participating companies' logo on the back of the t-shirt and would like to have an approval confirmation for logo use.

So far, this is what we have:
  • IBM - Yes
  • LJC - ?
  • Red Hat - Yes
  • Tomitribe - Yes
  • Payara - ?
  • SouJava - ?
  • Hazelcast - ?
  • Fujitsu ?
  • Kumuluzee - ?
  • Smartbear - ?
If you see your company name followed by a "?" and in red, can you please reply to this email with Yes or No by Friday August 25th.

Thank you,
Theresa

Matjaz B. Juric

Aug 18, 2017, 4:53:47 PM8/18/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile, microprofil...@googlegroups.com, rstj...@tomitribe.com, martijn...@gmail.com

Very nice design. T-shirts look awesome.

We of course approve logo usage:

  • KumuluzEE – Yes

If possible, we would like to order some T-shirts for our team and contributors.

Thanks,

Matjaz

Theresa Nguyen

Aug 18, 2017, 4:56:14 PM8/18/17
to MicroProfile, microprofil...@googlegroups.com
Participating/partners,

Please send your vector format logos to either one of these email address. Thanks you.

Cesar Saavedra
Senior Principal Technical Product Marketing Manager
csaa...@redhat.com
(407) 492-9801

Theresa Nguyen
VP Sales and Marketing // Tomitribe

Theresa Nguyen

Aug 18, 2017, 8:23:36 PM8/18/17
to Matjaz B. Juric, Eclipse MicroProfile, microprofil...@googlegroups.com, Ryan James, Martijn Verburg
Let us know how many in each size and we can help with the ordering and billing logistics (if you want it for JavaOne 2017).

XS
XL
XXL

The file and vendor info will also be available to everyone here to print their own shirts and hoodies whenever they like. I'll put together a spreadsheet linking to files/folders to pick and choose from available marketing items. Items will include stickers, shirt designs, datasheet, etc.

-Theresa

Kenji Kazumura

Aug 19, 2017, 6:57:40 AM8/19/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile, microprofil...@googlegroups.com, rstj...@tomitribe.com, martijn...@gmail.com
Theresa,
  • Fujitsu - Yes
Thanks,

-Kenji Kazumura

Ian Skerrett

Aug 21, 2017, 8:53:11 AM8/21/17
to Amelia Eiras, Eclipse MicroProfile, rstj...@tomitribe.com, Eclipse MicroProfile Marketing
yes, please feel free to use the Eclipse logo on the shirt.
--
Ian Skerrett
VP of Marketing

Twitter: @ianskerrett

Ryan St. James

Aug 21, 2017, 10:31:07 AM8/21/17
to iske...@gmail.com, Eclipse MicroProfile Marketing, csaavedr, MicroProfile
I like this idea
"As a suggestion, what about just say 'Eclipse Microprofile' on the front and not worry about adding the Eclipse logo? "

I think it will keep things clean and not too cluttered doing this way suggested.

Thanks,
Ryan