Website care and Maintenance

Jonathan Fisher

May 9, 2017, 1:47:35 PM5/9/17
to MicroProfile
Hey Guys,

Just a short recap of the meeting we had yesterday. I explained in detail how the deployment of the website works. I showed the Maven assembly, the EC2 property files, the ec2 console, and how cloudflare works. We put all of the secured information into a lastpast repository so community members can get access to deploy the web site. All of the items were recorded in a video and my friend Jonathan Gallimore will be posting it soon after editing some of the sensitive parts out.

cheers,
-Jonathan (S. Fisher)

David Blevins

May 9, 2017, 5:01:22 PM5/9/17
to MicroProfile
Ok, so now that we have a handful of people hooked up with access, anyone want to flex their muscles with this.

A simple text change with no graphic arts skills.

There's more branding we need to do, but at least this would help.

-David

John Clingan

May 9, 2017, 5:25:04 PM5/9/17
to MicroProfile
I will at some point in time, this week or next. Thanks Jonathan for running this training. Look forward to the replay as well, which will help when I try it out. FYI, we also need to know how to manage content, so a second training would be great.

csaa...@redhat.com

May 19, 2017, 10:10:42 AM5/19/17
to MicroProfile
Hello All,

How can we get metrics for the current MicroProfile.io web site?  Such as:

- # of visits
- # of hits per page (to understand how visiting users are navigating the pages)
- # of BOM downloads (I know the BOM is at http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/io/microprofile/microprofile/. Is there any way to find out how many downloads have happened per month/week?
- and any other metrics that may exist

Is there any way we can get these on a monthly/weekly basis?

Thanks,
Cesar Saavedra