Calendar for MicroProfile

Emily Jiang

Mar 31, 2017, 6:23:02 PM3/31/17
to MicroProfile
A few of us think a calendar for MicroProfile is useful. It should list all events, meetings etc. It makes sense to have the calendar link in our wiki and list the current month events etc. Clicking on one event displays the details for that event. It should be dynamic, not hard coded dates. You can also subscribe to an ICAL feed for this calendar and then you can import this calendar into your personal calendar.

Does anyone know how to do it? Alternatively, any other suggestions on how best manage the events in our community?

Emily

Alasdair Nottingham

Mar 31, 2017, 6:41:59 PM3/31/17
to Emily Jiang, MicroProfile
Google calendar maybe?

Heiko Braun

Apr 2, 2017, 2:53:38 PM4/2/17
to MicroProfile, emij...@googlemail.com

Here are the web and ical links to a calendar I've created:

For now, I'll gladly maintain the events, but let me know if you'd like to become a maintainer as well. Ideally all committers should have write access from my point of view.

Regards, Heiko

Heiko Braun

Apr 2, 2017, 2:54:21 PM4/2/17
to MicroProfile, emij...@googlemail.com
I'll also have a look in the next week how this might added to the public web page and wiki.

Emily Jiang

Apr 3, 2017, 5:15:38 AM4/3/17
to MicroProfile, emij...@googlemail.com
Thank you Heiko! Before the notes, I did look at the google Calendar but my prototype did not work well as it links to my personal one. I really like what OSGi Alliance's calendar view, which does not use google calendar (unfortunately most of you cannot view it since it is limited to members only). Anyway, what you have put there is a good start point. I cannot edit it though. Can you give me write rights? By the way, I added the two links you posted into our wiki for the time being, which will show up tomorrow. If you edit the wiki further to automatic showing up the calendar instead of having to click on a link, which will be great but not essential.

Thanks
Emily

Heiko Braun

Apr 3, 2017, 5:44:12 AM4/3/17
to MicroProfile, emij...@googlemail.com

Right Emily, we can move to anything more appropriate when it becomes available.  I did grant you full rights to edit, please let me know when it doesn't work.

Emily Jiang

Apr 3, 2017, 12:38:10 PM4/3/17
to MicroProfile, emij...@googlemail.com
Thank you Heiko! I managed to created the config and fault tolerance hangout events on the calendar. The time zone is shown in Berlin Timezone. Is it possible to update it to show London timezone? What people think?

Emily

Heiko Braun

Apr 3, 2017, 1:47:18 PM4/3/17
to MicroProfile, emij...@googlemail.com
I think whatever timezone we chose, it's wrong for one person or another.

Emily Jiang

Apr 3, 2017, 1:53:16 PM4/3/17
to MicroProfile, emij...@googlemail.com
right, Heiko. Just trying to suggest a *popular* time zone that most people are comfortable with. Perhaps this is not an issue.

Emily

Alasdair Nottingham

Apr 3, 2017, 1:58:55 PM4/3/17
to Emily Jiang, MicroProfile
This was discussed on another thread and I thought everyone agreed to GMT.

Alasdair

Mark Little

Apr 3, 2017, 1:59:43 PM4/3/17
to Alasdair Nottingham, Emily Jiang, MicroProfile

Kevin Sutter

Apr 3, 2017, 3:02:28 PM4/3/17
to MicroProfile, alasdair....@gmail.com, emij...@googlemail.com
FYI, I linked Heiko's MP calendar off of our Eclipse home page (on the right hand side):
https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.microprofile

Heiko Braun

Apr 3, 2017, 3:42:42 PM4/3/17
to MicroProfile, emij...@googlemail.com

OK, I've changed the calendar to use GMT. Emily can you verify that the dates have been updated correctly?

John Clingan

Apr 3, 2017, 4:11:05 PM4/3/17
to MicroProfile, emij...@googlemail.com
IMHO these should all be under a shared MicroProfile google account. I was thinking of creating a youtube channel, etc. However, MicroProfile seems to be taken. I can't recall if one of us created it or not :-/

Emily Jiang

Apr 3, 2017, 4:21:42 PM4/3/17
to MicroProfile, emij...@googlemail.com
Nope. It still shows as Berlin timezone for me. You can test the link either from wiki or from the landing page .

Emily

Heiko Braun

Apr 3, 2017, 4:27:27 PM4/3/17
to Emily Jiang, MicroProfile
The timezone is it’s encoded in the URL.

Here;s the same line with a GMT display:

Kevin Sutter

Apr 3, 2017, 5:43:54 PM4/3/17
to MicroProfile, emij...@googlemail.com
Yeah, I've dropped the timezone altogether on the URL from the Eclipse project page.  This way it will default to the calendar's default which is GMT.

Martijn Verburg

Apr 4, 2017, 5:31:22 AM4/4/17
to John Clingan, MicroProfile, Emily Jiang
Not me...  is this microp...@gmail.com you're talking about?

Cheers,
Martijn

Emily Jiang

Apr 4, 2017, 6:07:38 AM4/4/17
to MicroProfile, emij...@googlemail.com
ok. I also updated the reference in our wiki. Now the calendar is on both wiki and our landing page. I also put the ics file in our wiki. I am ok to keep the references in multiple places. If you guys think it should be in one commonly used place, then we can do that by removing one.

Emily

John Clingan

Apr 5, 2017, 12:29:04 AM4/5/17
to Martijn Verburg, MicroProfile, Emily Jiang
IIRC I tried a g+ account. It all ties together, though. I guess the broader question is “has anyone created a microprofile account on any Google property?"

csaa...@redhat.com

Apr 21, 2017, 4:42:30 PM4/21/17
to MicroProfile

I would like to create MicroProfile calendar entries for two calls but I don't have permission to write to the calendar:

1) One for everyone to have a chat with Ian Skerrett from Eclipse to discuss their hosting of MicroProfile at their booth at Java One (I was thinking setting this up for Monday, April 24, 2017 from 12noon-12:30pm EDT US

2) One for the design folks that have expressed an interest in working on the revamping of the MicroProfile logo (I was thinking Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 11am EDT US)

Do you think I can get write access to the calendar?

Just in case my bluejeans info is as follows:
========
To join the Meeting:

To join via Browser:

To join with Lync:

To join via Room System:
Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or-199.48.152.152
Meeting ID : 2560418143

To join via phone :
1)  Dial:
2)  Enter Conference ID : 2560418143
========

Cesar Saavedra
Technical Product Marketing Manager

Heiko Braun

Apr 24, 2017, 3:05:05 AM4/24/17
to MicroProfile

Cesar,

I gave all the permissions needed. Feel free to add that you need.

Regards, Heiko

csaa...@redhat.com

Apr 24, 2017, 3:48:18 PM4/24/17
to MicroProfile
Hi Heiko,

Thank you for your help.  I was able to add the Microprofile Google calendar under "Other calendars" to my Red Hat calendar. But I'm still not able to add an event to the Microprofile calendar.  I've attached three screen snapshots to illustrate my current situation.  Could you please double check that you gave me permission to add events to the Microprofile calendar?

Thanks,
Cesar Saavedra
MicroprofileCalNotListed.png
MicroprofileCalListedUnderOtherCalendars.png
MicroprofileCalendarSettings.png

John D. Ament

Oct 1, 2017, 10:23:03 AM10/1/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Can someone add the MP Rest Client calls to the calendar?

Its Mondays @ Noon eastern/4pm UTC

John

John Clingan

Oct 1, 2017, 1:06:05 PM10/1/17
to MicroProfile
Done! Please check to make sure everything is correct. Do you have a meeting minutes page I can add to description?

Heiko Rupp

Oct 2, 2017, 6:22:04 AM10/2/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Are you going to start today? I assume only after J1

John D. Ament

Oct 2, 2017, 7:10:09 AM10/2/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
It doesn't start until October 9, sorry about that.

I'll work on getting draft agendas together.