Looking for a Microprofile Speaker for JavaMN

Richard Monson-Haefel

Apr 26, 2018, 1:05:45 PM4/26/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi,

I'm looking for a speaker on Micrprofile and microservices in general for a May or June meeting of the Minnesota Java User Group (JavaMN).  Let me know a day that makes sense for you and if we can we can make it happen. You only need to come to Sunny Minneapolis!   Obviously, its easier if you are able to get here on your own, but if not we may be able to cover some if not all of your travel expenses AND you get to have dinner with me which is a perk that most people would kill for (just kidding).  You can expect about 50 to 100 people to attend.  If you come close to the time of the Open Source North conference (June 14th) I can get you free admission.

thank you for your consideration,

Richard Monson-Haefel

Andy McCright

Apr 26, 2018, 2:13:16 PM4/26/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi Richard,

If there is interest in RESTful services (MP Rest Client, JAX-RS), I could speak some time after May 20.  I could probably talk to a lesser degree about some of the other MP technologies.  I'm planning to be at EclipseCon during OpenSource North - otherwise, that would've nice to attend OSN. Maybe next year...  I'm based in Rochester, Minnesota - so, basically just an hour's drive south of you.

What days/times does the JavaMN group usually meet?  Wednesdays are usually bad for me, but I can try to make something work.

Thanks for putting this together, and your consideration,

Andy

Kevin Sutter

May 4, 2018, 10:00:39 AM5/4/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Richard,
I am also based in MN, so I would normally be available for these type of events.  Like Andy, EclipseCon France conflicts with Open Source North, so I won't be available then.  If there other dates available, we should be able to line up somebody to help cover topics related to either MicroProfile or Jakarta.  We have several people at the IBM site in Rochester involved with MicroProfile and Jakarta (and, of course, Open Liberty).

Are you based in MN?

Thanks, Kevin

Richard Monson-Haefel

May 7, 2018, 9:57:22 AM5/7/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

That would be fantastic!   Ideally the presentation would be on microservices and MicroProfile as I’m sure most average developers are still wondering what the hell microservices are.

We are really flexible in terms of when this happens and can schedule around what you folks can make work. I prefer Thursdays but other than that we are pretty wide open. We should, however, have at least a couple weeks of lead time to promote it.  Ideally a month of lead time.  Would the fist week of June work?  June 7th?  If that’s to close to EclipseCon France then suggest another time either later in June or perhaps the end of this month (May 31st?).

Richard

Kevin Sutter

May 7, 2018, 12:32:51 PM5/7/18
to MicroProfile
Richard,
June 7 is too close to EclipseCon France travel for me, but I might be able to find somebody else on the Rochester team to cover.  If that's the date you want to hold to, let me know and I'll see if I can line somebody up.

I am taking some vacation after EclipseCon France, so I won't be back in the office until June 25.  So, I could do June 28th.  Again, if another date would work better, I can probably find somebody else to cover.

Thanks,
Kevin

On Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 12:05:45 PM UTC-5, Richard Monson-Haefel wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for a speaker on Micrprofile and microservices in general for a May or June meeting of the Minnesota Java User Group (JavaMN).  Let me know a day that makes sense for you and if we can we can make it happen. You only need to come to Sunny Minneapolis!   Obviously, its easier if you are able to get here on your own, but if not we may be able to cover some if not all of your travel expenses AND you get to have dinner with me which is a perk that most people would kill for (just kidding).  You can expect about 50 to 100 people to attend.  If you come close to the time of the Open Source North conference (June 14th) I can get you free admission.

thank you for your consideration,

Richard Monson-Haefel

Richard Monson-Haefel

May 7, 2018, 12:54:09 PM5/7/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

It would be an honor to have your present to JavaMN on June 28th. That will give me lots of time to prepare and attract a good sized audience.  For now pencil that in and I will check with Tek Systems, they handle the meeting space and food and whatnot, and make sure they can reserve a space at that time.  I’ll get back to you as soon as I know - which hopefully will be later today.

Thank you!

Richard

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/microprofile/23a10bb2-eda0-4e10-be44-52b68806f6fa%40googlegroups.com.

Richard Monson-Haefel

May 8, 2018, 1:41:39 PM5/8/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

It is a go for you present for an hour +/- on June 28th at about 7 pm. Can you send me a title, biography, and short decription?

Thank you!

Richard

Richard Monson-Haefel

May 10, 2018, 1:32:16 PM5/10/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

Tek Systems went ahead and announced your speaking - I think they should have check with me first but there it is.  Can we count on you to do that?

Richard

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/microprofile/23a10bb2-eda0-4e10-be44-52b68806f6fa%40googlegroups.com.

Richard Monson-Haefel

May 14, 2018, 4:14:31 PM5/14/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

I know you are busy and I hope I’m not being too persistent, but I wanted to check in to make sure that June 28th still works for you to come and speak on microservices and MicroProfile at the JavaMN user group meeting?   If not please let me know so that I can find a different speaker but I hope you can as your background and expertise in this area are excellent!

Richard

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/microprofile/23a10bb2-eda0-4e10-be44-52b68806f6fa%40googlegroups.com.

Kevin Sutter

May 15, 2018, 10:38:31 AM5/15/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Yes, June 28th is a go.  I'll plan to be there.  And, I know I still owe you a title, abstract, and bio...  :-)

Thanks!
Kevin
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to microprofile+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/microprofile/23a10bb2-eda0-4e10-be44-52b68806f6fa%40googlegroups.com.

Richard Monson-Haefel

May 15, 2018, 12:15:58 PM5/15/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Great!  I can get your bio from a past presentation if you like and that with a Title would be more than enough for now.  Anyway, glad you are still on board with speaking!