Requesting your feedback regarding - MicroProfile API Tutorial (Preface, Chapter 1, & Chapter 2)

Tarun Telang

Feb 26, 2024, 6:07:18 AMFeb 26
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Hello MicroProfilers,

Kindly review and share your feedback, inputs or suggestions as comments directly to this Document containing the draft Chapters of the Official MicroProfile Tutorial. This tutorial is designed to empower Java developers across all levels with the necessary knowledge and practical experience to master the MicroProfile specifications. The concepts are demonstrated with the help of a sample project involving the development of microservices-based e-commerce applications.

Sections include:  Legal, About this Tutorial, Who is this Tutorial for, What will be covered, Project, Downloading the Code, Prerequisites, Learning Objectives, Conventions

Sections include: What is MicroProfile, Need for MicroProfile, MicroProfile Specifications, Current MicroProfile Implementations, Architecture Philosophy, Benefits of MicroProfile, Relationship with Jakarta EE Specification

Sections include: Development Environment Setup, Build Tools, Integrated Development Environments, Setting up MicroProfile Runtime, MicroProfile Starter, Creating a Java Project, Creating a REST Resource.

Thanks in advance for your time and effort in reviewing the content. Please feel free to add your comments directly on the Google Docs. I look forward to your valuable feedback to enhance the quality and clarity of this tutorial.

Best Regards,
Tarun

On Tue, 6 Feb 2024 at 14:00, Tarun Telang <tarun....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi John,

Now, I have enabled Discussions and Issues in my repo. For sharing the feedback, I suggest the following:

1. You can create a new issue and attach a word document with detailed line by line feedback.

2. For suggestions / ideas or general discussions you can use this

3. If you want, I can also generate a word document for the chapter after completion and upload it to the Google Drive workspace for comments.

Best Regards,
Tarun

On Tue, 6 Feb 2024 at 04:46, John Clingan <jtcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks, Tarun! I wanted to comment on specific lines or paragraphs. How would you like us to do that? Create a pull request? Feels kinda heavyweight.

On Sunday, February 4, 2024 at 5:48:45 PM UTC-8 tarun....@gmail.com wrote:
Dear MicroProfile Community Members,

I'm reaching out to get your feedback for the MicroProfile API Tutorial for Java developers, a hands-on guide to understanding and working with MicroProfile APIs.

Please find the outline of the MicroProfile Tutorial below for your review.
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1whbFxay-emqkeMiKdJh2bp6doiVvRfW0oXG_QYRtaTs/edit?usp=sharing
We're particularly interested in feedback on the tutorial's structure, level of detail, and clarity for both beginner and experienced MicroProfile developers.

Please take a moment to go through it and provide any feedback, suggestions, or comments you may have. Your insights will help us tailor the tutorial to better serve MicroProfile communities' needs.

Thanks and Best Regards
Tarun

Amelia Eiras

Feb 27, 2024, 7:34:20 PMFeb 27
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Tarun, for enabling MicroProfilers' proactive collaboration via Google Documents' suggested edits and comments.
Some of the feedback on Chapter 1 was sent today. 🙏

Amelia Eiras

Emily Jiang

Feb 29, 2024, 1:04:50 PMFeb 29
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Tarun! A few of us have provided some feedback via the PRs. Nothing major! Great work!
Thanks
Emily

--
Thanks
Emily

Tarun Telang

Mar 1, 2024, 3:43:54 AMMar 1
to microp...@googlegroups.com
I took care of the feedback. Thanks everyone, kindly merge these PRs.

Best Regards,
Tarun

Tarun Telang

Mar 4, 2024, 1:52:32 PMMar 4
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Hello MicroProfilers

Kindly review and share your feedback, and suggestions on this Document.
  • Chapter 3: Jakarta EE Core Profile
    Sections include: Understanding the Jakarta EE 10 Core Profile, Key Specifications in Core Profile, Managing Component Dependencies, Handling HTTP Methods and Resources.

It would be great if you can do this in the next 72 hours, so that we can get this  merged to github repo soon.

Best Regards,
Tarun

Tarun Telang

Mar 6, 2024, 1:58:03 AMMar 6
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Dear MicroProfile Community Members,

Kindly review and share your feedback, and suggestions on Chapter 4 of the MicroProfile Tutorial.
  • Chapter 4: MicroProfile OpenAPI (Sections include: Introduction to MicroProfile OpenAPI, API Specification using MicroProfile Open API, Generating API Documentation, Exploring the APIs using Swagger UI)

It would be great if you can do this in the next 72 hours, so that we can get this merged to github repo soon.

Best Regards,
Tarun

Tarun Telang

Tarun Telang

Mar 9, 2024, 10:35:19 AMMar 9
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone,

Kindly review and share your feedback, and suggestions on Chapter 4 & 5 of the MicroProfile Tutorial.
    • Chapter 4: MicroProfile OpenAPI (Sections include: Introduction to MicroProfile OpenAPI, API Specification using MicroProfile Open API, Generating API Documentation, Exploring the APIs using Swagger UI)

    • Chapter 5: MicroProfile Configuration (Sections Include: Understanding MicroProfile Configuration, Different environments required for Microservices development, Working with Various Configuration Sources, Key capabilities of MicroProfile Configuration, Implementing Configuration Properties, Creating a Custom Configuration Source, Dynamic Updates and Handling Configuration Change Events, Managing Configuration for Different Environments, Securing Configuration and Best Practices)

    After 3 working days, the documents would be merged to /eclipse/microprofile-tutorial.

    Best Regards,
    Tarun

    Tarun Telang

    Mar 11, 2024, 12:20:06 AMMar 11
    to microp...@googlegroups.com
    Hello Everyone,

    Kindly review and share your feedback, and suggestions on Chapter 6 of the MicroProfile Tutorial.
    • Chapter 6: MicroProfile Health (Sections: Overview of MicroProfile Health, Types of Health Checks, Standard Health Checks, Implementing and Exposing Health Checks, Logging and Reporting Health Checks, Best Practices for Effective Health Checks)

    John Clingan

    Mar 13, 2024, 2:59:33 PMMar 13
    to MicroProfile
    Sorry, I am out on business travel but I do plan to review again early (mon/tue) next week.

    Tarun Telang

    Mar 18, 2024, 5:34:04 PMMar 18
    to microp...@googlegroups.com
    Hello Everyone,

    Kindly review and share your feedback, and suggestions on Chapter 7 of the MicroProfile Tutorial.
    • Chapter 7: MicroProfile Metrics (Sections: Introduction to MicroProfile Metrics, Need for Metrics in Microservices
      Types of Metrics, Adding MicroProfile Metrics Dependency, Metrics Annotations, Using Metadata with Metrics,
      Categories of Metrics, Metric Registry, Instrumenting Microservices with Metrics, Creating Custom Metrics)