Summary of the Health Discussion 27 June

Heiko Braun

Jun 30, 2017, 12:39:27 PM6/30/17
to MicroProfile
A brief summary of what has been discussed:

- general walk through of the main ideas and how they are reflected in the API
- much of the current code wasn't well abstracted in terms of an API. it has simply been carried over from another implementation
- review of the relevant API parts that should stay
- decision to provide a CDI first approach and drop support for the JAX-RS programming model for now
- if we want JAX-RS integration, that's a cross-cutting concerns that impact all specifications developed here
- heiko proposed to cleanup the API for another review, so Emily can take it for a spin
- that would make two implementations, which makes a good starting point to verify of the API ideas are sound and the TCK expresses the functional reasonably well

If you have any questions, please drop me a note. I'll happily go into further detail. Other then that, please feel welcome to contribute, share and express ideas related to the spec or API at: https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-health

Heiko