microprofile.io updates and education (round 2)

Kevin Sutter

Apr 5, 2018, 5:32:11 PM4/5/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
At our live hangout this week, Cesar pointed out that the "deployment" step for updating the microprofile.io site needed some assistance from Tomitribe personnel.  David indicated that this should not be case.  But, if it is, then we should resolve it.  He offered to setup some additional education and challenged the MP community to come up with select individuals that could be targeted for this education.

I polled my team here at IBM and found a couple of "volunteers".  They are not MicroProfile experts (yet), but they have an interest in this type of front end development.  I'm also being asked if any "design assistance" might be required.  I indicated that we would never turn down volunteers...

So, how about the other teams and organizations on the call?  We should get a few more volunteers before David corrals his team to give more education.  Red Hat?  Payara?  Marketing?  Individuals?  I agree with David that if we can target the education to a few people and have them start helping out with the maintenance and development of the site, then we can continually improve the documentation on how to do it.

For reference, we are specifically talking about this web site:  https://microprofile.io/ , and it's maintained via this github repo (main one):  https://github.com/microprofile/microprofile-site (a few others are also used in support of this one).

Thanks!
Kevin

Emily Jiang

Apr 6, 2018, 5:06:32 PM4/6/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I suggest whoever is interested just join the call. First of call, we need to work out a time for the education and I assume it is zoom call. The call should be recorded and the ones who cannot join can just listen to the recording. Updating the website is useful and most people should know how to do it. I even recommend to attach the recording to our MP wiki for future reference. If someone wants to do it in a later date, it can be checked against.

Thanks,
Emily

Thiago Veronezi

Apr 9, 2018, 8:31:20 AM4/9/18
to MicroProfile
Hi Team,

>> At our live hangout this week, Cesar pointed out that the "deployment" step for updating the microprofile.io site needed some assistance from Tomitribe personnel.

Maybe we could have a shared session where someone other than me could try to updating the website by following the README file. This way we could properly adjust the directions for future us. Maybe there are authorization parameters (I suspect AWS related) that I cannot see, as I have all the permissions needed to update the website.

[]s,
Thiago.

Cesar Saavedra

Apr 13, 2018, 7:22:51 AM4/13/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
+1 Thiago, that sounds like a great idea. By the way, there has been more participation in updating MicroProfile.io blog site since in the last 1.5 weeks - very happy about this.

Kevin Sutter

Apr 13, 2018, 9:21:07 AM4/13/18
to MicroProfile
Hi,
I've got a couple of people at IBM that would be interested in helping out with the microprofile.io site, but are not microprofile developers (yet).  If I just point them at the instructions and say "have at it", the enthusiasm will die.  They would like to become part of the "community" that develops and supports the microprofile.io site.  When we talked on our Live Hangout, David had suggested some additional team education to kickstart this activity.

To be honest, the microprofile.io site is getting kind of stale...  Yes, we have made it easier to get the site updated.  But, it's still the basic design and content that we started with way back when.  If we could get a team of individuals involved in keeping the site vibrant, it would help all of us.  That was the point of David's plea -- let's get more people involved across the microprofile spectrum.

Thanks, Kevin

Emily Jiang

Apr 13, 2018, 9:54:40 AM4/13/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
+1 on improving  the microprofile.io! I think in your first email, it might have been interpreted that the site was too difficult to be updated. Hence the suggestion and comments to say it is not the case.

On modernising the site, I suggest setting up a call and start the discussion. The site belongs to the community. A few designers perhaps should be involved to make the site more attractive. Whatever we do, we do think we need to get the community's input. Starting with a doodle pool to get all the interesting parties involved as we have done for the spec workgroups. Thoughts?

Thanks
Emily
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to microprofile...@googlegroups.com.