[VOTE] MicroProfile Logo Redesign - Vote for your favorite logo - July 10-21, 2017

csaa...@redhat.com

Jul 9, 2017, 5:47:51 PM7/9/17
to MicroProfile
Welcome to the Eclipse MicroProfile Google Group.

Voting for selecting our new revamped Eclipse MicroProfile logo starts today, Monday, July 10, 2017 and will close on Friday, July 21, 2017.

Voting is for MEMBERS ONLY. However, if you are not a member, please make sure to register first before casting your vote.

Please cast your vote today.

VOTE NOW <=== CLICK HERE TO VOTE

Thank you for selecting your favorite logo,

The Eclipse MicroProfile Marketing Team

David Blevins

David Blevins

Jul 10, 2017, 1:45:05 PM7/10/17
to MicroProfile

On Jul 9, 2017, at 2:42 PM, csaa...@redhat.com wrote:

Voting is for MEMBERS ONLY. However, if you are not a member, please make sure to register first before casting your vote.

Quick follow up on the definition of “member”.  We discussed member as anyone subscribed to the MicroProfile list, not exclusive to committers.

The goal being to use the vote as a way to encourage more people subscribing to the list.  So if you are reading this, subscribe and cast your vote and join the MicroProfile community!

-David

Werner Keil

Jul 12, 2017, 1:10:31 PM7/12/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Thanks for the clarification.

That goes pretty much along with similar votes at Eclipse e.g. for the name of the annual release train.
You need to be an "Eclipse Member" or at least registered with an Eclipse account (in theory no ECLA or Committer status is required, but most people who are active at least signed an ECLA) So Committers and Contributors (and even interested bystanders with an Eclipse/Bugzilla account) can vote on those things.

Werner