Using GitHub Issues/Milestones to track MicroProfile releases?

John D. Ament

Aug 11, 2017, 7:22:20 PM8/11/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
All,

I'd like to get others opinions.

I find it hard to follow what spec is going to be included in what MicroProfile release.  I don't think we should know it up front, but more of a just in time decision when the spec is ready, do we include it in the next MicroProfile release sort of call.

So to that end, i want to propose something

Today we have the BOM repo, which is effectively our "top level" release - https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-bom
I think it would be useful if we track issues for each spec we want to include in the BOM, and create milestones for the BOM to represent its release life cycle.

We know we have a 1.2 release targetting end of September.  So far it's likely to include 2-3 specs in it (Config 1.1, JWT 1.0, Fault Tolerance 1.0).  Should we just create a milestone and raise a PR when we're ready to include a spec, once we have enough content simply release that?

John

sst...@redhat.com

Aug 16, 2017, 12:33:47 AM8/16/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
That sounds feasible. Release procedures, and consistency across features should be the major topics of next week's MP call.

Emily Jiang

Aug 16, 2017, 4:12:02 AM8/16/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
+1. Please add it to the next MP Hangout agenda.

Emily