UPDATE: e-Book possibility by Hayri Cicek ABOUT: “Building and API Backend with MicroProfile”

Amelia Eiras

Jan 29, 2019, 10:05:53 PM1/29/19
to Hayri, MicroProfile, MicroProfile Marketing
Not too long ago, MicroProfiler Hayri contacted this forum to become a Content Contributor, since then he has submitted & published 6 posts.

Last week, Hayri contacted me and informally asked if his previews MP blogs could be valuable as an e-book?  In that message, he included the +40 pages PDF format — crude draft, lots of code :) It is a rough compilation of content from videos/sessions/research & past MP blogs.

My reply to his email:  Are you willing to contribute/create the content directly via the MP drive in real time to potential enable via "suggestive mode” for the interested Community to provide feedback?
Hayri answer:  YES.
Quote:  for me it's not a problem to edit/write the ebook from the MP drive because then like you said anyone who want's to contribute can and that would be awesome. If the MP community thinks this is good then we could proceed with the next step 😊"
e-books content is alive and virtually distributed, do you plan to update it to keep up with the project changes…?
Hayri answer: YES.
Quote: …  just trying to help newcomers find introduction material and if I can help only one, that's my reward 😊

There is much value for individual contributors like you, #thankYOU for choosing to share your knowledge and doing so in a manner that is OSS exemplary and that unites other minds to create something better MicroProfiler.

THE FUN SIDE—

Task Voluntary Owner:

Hayri, thanks for the trust!

The e-book space has been created in the MP Drive folder under Content>e-books>[your name]
Thanks for enabling the creation of space… up until now, the space didn’t exist yet there are 2 MP e-books pushed.

  • https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dcgOQL96c5tRJ9Ly_YvClFEkyFe5a0v6
  • drive space is public for anyone to see
  • when dropping the word version of the current +40 pages, please do not adjust the access until the Community has provided initial feedback on the potential value of the e-book. (calling it draft v.01 enables tracing and easier naming, recommendation)

TO ALL:

I hope this message enables the MP Community to own Q&A where Hayri is welcomed to clarify anything about a potential “Building and API Backend with MicroProfile” eBook.

Hayri Cicek

Jan 30, 2019, 3:00:52 AM1/30/19
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much Amelia,

I have uploaded the word document to google drive now.
The e-book is still crude draft :) and there are lot of work left and if everyone thinks it's valuable then I will continue to work on it  ( hopefully others want to contribute ) .

Hayri Cicek