metrics @SimplyTimed not picked up

Hans Pikkemaat

May 26, 2021, 11:58:22 AM5/26/21
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm using payara and and EE application. I have classes which are @ApplicationScoped but when I put @SimplyTimed on a method it doesn't work. Other classes which are also @ApplicationScoped do work.

I don't see any errors in the logs.

What could be the reason the @SimplyTimed is not picked up?
Is it possible to turn on debugging to find out what the problem is?

Hans

Rudy De Busscher

May 27, 2021, 2:30:13 AM5/27/21
to MicroProfile
Hi Hans,

Since this issue seems related to the Payara Implementation, can you create a small reproducer and open an issue in the Payara issue tracker [1]?

Thanks
Rudy

Hans Pikkemaat

May 27, 2021, 2:57:43 AM5/27/21
to MicroProfile
Hi Rudy,

Thats kind of the problem. This problem occurs in a big monolithic application. If I create a similar setup in a smal test app it all works as expected. So currently I cannot reproduce.

But I would expect some error or logging. Is it possible to turn on debug logging?

Hans

Hans Pikkemaat

May 27, 2021, 3:28:45 AM5/27/21
to MicroProfile
Hi,

I found the problem, his name is Hans :-s

I did not compile the right project.

Sorry for wasting your time.

Rudy De Busscher

May 27, 2021, 3:46:47 AM5/27/21
to MicroProfile
Glad you solved the issue.

Hans Pikkemaat

May 27, 2021, 7:35:19 AM5/27/21
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rudy,

Actually I did find an issue after all. I created a issue in github, it contains the reproducer.

tx, Hans