Developer Week 2017

Werner Keil

Dec 14, 2016, 10:28:04 AM12/14/16
to MicroProfile
Hi,

Developer Week 2017 has a CfP till January 8, so shortly after Christmas:
http://www.developer-week.de/Call-for-international-Papers

The conference is mostly German speaking (similar to JavaLand) but English speakers are also welcome there.
A bit of a caveat, it has a strong .NET or "Dynamic Language" (Node.js, Angular, PHP,...) background with 10 parallel tracks, so it can be extremely competitive.
However, it is also among the largest vendor-neutral developer conferences (that's why you get Java, .NET, Android, PHP, Python or JavaScript in one place;-) in Germany / Europe.
Roughly half the size of DevoXX BE (1600-2k attendees in the last few years)

So if some of you are not afraid to compete with the likes of Pivotal, Dropwizard or Lagom/Lightbend in certain events, then competing with Microsoft technologies, Node.js or Angular could also be your thing.

Aside from Java as a language, Microprofile could also fit into the "architecture" category with buzzwords like Microservices.
I was asked to help the Advisory Board review Java proposals, so I could have a bit of a say at least on Java topics.

Plus in late November 2017 the same organizer plans another smaller conference only on Java in or near Cologne not far from JavaLand but in Fall, not Spring;-)
Those who submit interesting proposals to DWX related to Java that may not fit into its program, could be considered for the Java conference if they wish to speak there.

Cheers,
Werner

Werner Keil

Jan 15, 2017, 2:47:12 PM1/15/17
to MicroProfile
Ivar proposed a joint Microprofile talk for DWX ' 17 today (I am co-speaker also as backup should there be a too tight overlap with other events like JavaOne Latin America)

If it's considered for the Java track (which sounds logical given the current scope) I guess there is a good chance it could make it into the program.

Werner

Mark Little

Jan 15, 2017, 3:00:30 PM1/15/17
to Werner Keil, Micro Profile
Sounds good and the type of event we should target.

Werner Keil

Werner Keil

Jan 18, 2017, 1:02:23 PM1/18/17
to MicroProfile
Fingers crossed, Microprofile might get an early approval for DWX '17. For the Java track I was asked to write a teaser article about a particular session (which does get featured of course then, otherwise it makes no sense;-)
I suggested the Microprofile proposal because of its vendor neutral approach and industry momentum. The feedback on my suggestion for the article was positive, so I guess our MP talk should make it into the program.

Werner

John Clingan

Jan 18, 2017, 1:50:26 PM1/18/17
to Werner Keil, MicroProfile
Great news.
Thanks Werner.

Werner Keil

Feb 1, 2017, 5:52:59 AM2/1/17
to MicroProfile
Happy to announce, the Microprofile talk, Ivar and I proposed was accepted for DWX '17 by the (overall) AdBoard.

It has to be on a rather high level I was told, but I am also going to write a teaser article till next week (if any of you ideally German speakers had input, please don't hesitate to contact me directly no later than end of this week)
The session is of course English, so everyone is welcome.

CU in Nuremberg at DWX,
Werner

Werner Keil

Feb 6, 2017, 6:24:36 AM2/6/17
to MicroProfile
Also submitted the German article about MicroProfile acting as teaser for the DWX '17 presentation. Can't say how much sooner, but it should likely be published ahead of the conference.

If any of the German speaking contributors wish to have a look, I'd be happy to give you a peek as PDF before. Drop me a direct mail if you want to see or review it in addition to the editors.

Werner

Werner Keil

Feb 14, 2017, 4:00:08 AM2/14/17
to MicroProfile
It's official now, MicroProfile will start the Java day of DWX '17 in a slot right after the opening Keynote: http://www.developer-week.de/Programm/Veranstaltung/%28event%29/21467

Cheers,
Werner

Werner Keil

Feb 14, 2017, 4:26:45 AM2/14/17
to MicroProfile
The Java day at 'DWX gets concluded with Ivar's talk on MVC http://www.developer-week.de/Programm/Veranstaltung/%28event%29/21597

Right before the #nightone party (probably a bit like "PartyOne" at JavaOne except for a scenic view of the World Cup 2006 stadium or  the Trump rally, sorry Nazi party rally grounds instead of the San Francisco skyline plus genuine Bavarian beer ;-)

The relevance of MVC for an SCS pattern was highlighted in my article that should appear some time between now and DWX.

Werner

Werner Keil

Jul 3, 2017, 11:49:31 AM7/3/17
to MicroProfile
Hi,
Both the interview I held with Ivar:
and Anatole interviewing me (in German as a contrast because my other session was also in German)

are live on YouTube. If a "events" or other sector exists maybe we can link to those?

Either on microprofile.io or maybe in the Eclipse Wiki pages (I can do it there myself)

Another slightly longer interview with Ivar and myself should be added soon, too.
It was held under "Nighthacking" at DWX.

Werner