MicroProfile Config 1.3 release

Emily Jiang

Apr 27, 2018, 5:08:15 AM4/27/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Just heads up to say that we will start releasing MP Config 1.3 shortly. Please do not commit anything to the master branch directly. Any commits must be discussed on config gitter room or on this thread as I am doing RC asap.

Thanks
Emily

Jean-Louis Monteiro

Apr 27, 2018, 10:37:56 AM4/27/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Thanks Emily

Emily Jiang

May 3, 2018, 5:39:50 PM5/3/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I have created  RC1 and RC2 for MicroProfile 1.3. Please find the details from here. Please try them out.

Thanks
Emily

Emily Jiang

May 4, 2018, 10:49:09 AM5/4/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I meant MicroProfile Config 1.3 RC1, RC2... thanks Kevin for spotting the obvious typo.... did not mean to redo the MP 1.3 release:o.

Thanks
Emily

Mark Struberg

May 8, 2018, 2:37:21 PM5/8/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi Emily!

I could not find the release around on the usual maven repos.
Do you have a pointer for me where this release is hosted or when you intend to push it to maven.central?

txs and LIeGrue,
strub

Emily Jiang

May 8, 2018, 2:43:01 PM5/8/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi Mark,

We will push to maven central once we do Config 1.3 final release. At the moment, the candidates are located at https://ci.eclipse.org/microprofile/view/Release/job/MicroProfile%20Releases/
Thanks
Emily

Mark Struberg

May 11, 2018, 4:41:45 AM5/11/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Yes, but is there some maven staging repo which we can use as <repository> in some build?
It must be consumable by maven, otherwise we cannot ship a geronimo-config release and end users also hardly can make use of it in their projects.

txs and LieGrue,
strub

Emily Jiang

May 13, 2018, 5:39:40 PM5/13/18
to MicroProfile
Every build is under Sonatype https://oss.sonatype.org/#nexus-search;quick~microprofile. You can find the artifacts there.

Thanks
Emily

Thanks
Emily
=================
Emily Jiang
eji...@apache.org

Mark Struberg

May 14, 2018, 9:06:38 AM5/14/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Oki thanks, now found

Is this a staging repo, and in this case when will it get propagated?
Or is this a more static repo?

LieGrue,
strub
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to microprofile...@googlegroups.com.

Emily Jiang

May 17, 2018, 5:45:05 PM5/17/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Mark, the staging repo will get propagated to maven central once we do the final release.

Thanks
Emily

Emily Jiang

May 23, 2018, 11:51:49 AM5/23/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
The final RC is being released https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-config/releases/tag/1.3-RC4. I plan to make this to a final release tomorrow. Please shout if you have any concerns.

Thanks
Emily

Jean-Louis Monteiro

May 23, 2018, 6:34:04 PM5/23/18
to MicroProfile
Thanks Emily.

I had a quick look and that's fine

Emily Jiang

May 23, 2018, 7:04:29 PM5/23/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Thank you Jean-Louis!

Emily Jiang

May 28, 2018, 7:07:14 PM5/28/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Finally, Eclipse CI is back to normal. MP Config 1.3 final has just been released.

Thanks
Emily

Jean-Louis Monteiro

May 28, 2018, 10:47:20 PM5/28/18
to MicroProfile
Yeah, great job Emily
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to microprofile+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Kevin Sutter

May 29, 2018, 9:28:01 AM5/29/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
+1  Congrats Config Team!

John Clingan

May 29, 2018, 12:37:03 PM5/29/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hurray! No new dependencies for a CQ update?

Emily Jiang

May 29, 2018, 6:24:59 PM5/29/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
There is no new CQ required.
Thanks
Emily

m.reza.rahman

May 29, 2018, 10:04:13 PM5/29/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations. Is there a change log or release notes? That makes it easier for folks unfamiliar to understand the value of the work.

Emily Jiang

May 30, 2018, 5:31:44 PM5/30/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Yes, the release note is in the spec of 1.3, https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-config/releases/tag/1.3.

Thanks
Emily

Reza Rahman

May 30, 2018, 10:28:29 PM5/30/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
I am sorry if this is a stupid question - is there actually a headline feature here worth highlighting to non-adopters? Looks to be a fairly minor/obscure set of changes?

Emily Jiang

Jun 3, 2018, 6:51:18 PM6/3/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I think one of the main feature is that you can now declare a config property as an environment variable even though the config property name contains illegal characters according to the naming rule of environment variable.
Previous, you cannot set a value for the property com.acme.my.config as an environment variable. Now, you can declare it as environment variable:

com_acme_my_config=blah

When you look up the config property com.acme.my.config, you will get blah, if no other higher priority config source sets the config property.

This is very important as a number of MP specs rely on this, such as MP FT, MP JWT etc, so that some config properties declared in these specs can be set in the environment variable.

Thanks
Emily

Alasdair Nottingham

Jun 4, 2018, 5:52:38 PM6/4/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
The reason this is important is because it allows you to put your app in docker and override config using docker -e or using kube config even when the code uses illegal characters.

Alasdair Nottingham