Minimum java level for specs

Arthur De Magalhaes

Nov 1, 2017, 2:39:32 PM11/1/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hey everyone,

Does each MicroProfile spec declare their own minimum java level, or is there a global level across 1.x specs?   The reason I am asking is because we want to use the java.lang.annotation.Repeatable annotation, which is only available in Java 8.

Apologizes if this is documented somewhere already (couldn't find it).

Thx,
Arthur

Alasdair Nottingham

Nov 1, 2017, 3:14:35 PM11/1/17
to MicroProfile
Fault Tolerance requires Java 8, so I think go for it.

Alasdair

Emily Jiang

Nov 1, 2017, 5:51:47 PM11/1/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Yes, Alasdair was right. Require Java8 as a minimum so that the nice Java8 features can be used. All MP 1.2 features require Java 8. The API bundles have

Require-Capability: osgi.ee;filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=1.8))"

Emily

Arthur De Magalhaes

Nov 1, 2017, 8:33:53 PM11/1/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Sounds good!    Thanks for the feedback Alasdair/Emily.

- Arthur