sst...@redhat.com

Aug 17, 2017, 8:56:08 PM8/17/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
As discussed in "Should health checks expose /app/health?" there are a number of concepts being discussed. Among them:

1. consistency of return status code and payload from a single /health access point
2. composition of component health checks into a global /health
3. accessing /health to determine the links to available components

For 1.0 it seems the only thing we can define is a single global /health endpoint that either returns 200 with an optional payload, or 500/503 without/with payload.

Heiko Braun

Aug 18, 2017, 7:06:47 AM8/18/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
+1 on the just a single /health for 1.0

Werner Keil

Aug 18, 2017, 7:27:34 AM8/18/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
+1 for that as well.

John D. Ament

Aug 19, 2017, 9:23:22 AM8/19/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if individual vendors supported extra features within this endpoint.

So +1 for the basic need right now.