Re: Blog post instructions testing

Amelia Eiras

Sep 20, 2018, 1:06:42 PM9/20/18
to MicroProfile, Kevin Sutter, MicroProfile Marketing, Cesar Saavedra
To general forum email to increase visibility.

For new writers of MP blogs,  more shield with increase reviewers and 1 week timeline to posting seems like ok compromise to enable providing feedback without rushing writer and reviewer.  Specially is the blog is technical.

However, when active partners are behind a blog post, who have  already written past blogs,  the approval request needs to come to a fellow peer, (1 reviewer suffice) from another company or individual (available).

If we choose to skip steps for the sake of quick content without mindful overview, we might lose readers’ trust.
Lets keep in mind that a very technical blog will need someone, who knows about that very topic. Most active members in the MP Mktg WG are not it for such technical reviews. Delegation is key and timing (availability plays key)

My 2 cents,

On Sep 20, 2018, at 6:23 AM, Cesar Saavedra <csaa...@redhat.com> wrote:

Hi Kevin,

I wouldn’t say the document is final. I agree with you that 3 approvers is too many approvers and will delay the process. The old process required only 1. So, my vote would be to update the process to require only 1 approvers.

I’d like to hear what other members in this group think?

Cesar

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 6:17 AM Kevin Sutter <kwsu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Are these instructions "live" yet?  I couldn't find any other reference to the real instructions, so I just posted some comments to the doc that Debbie wrote up.  Overall, the instructions look good and quite an easy process.  But, ...

Why do we need 3 MP Admin approvals before a blog is posted?  That just seems to add unnecessary delay.  Blog posts are supposed to be more-or-less spontaneous.  Waiting up to 5 days for a blog post to go live seems a bit much...  Since everybody that has the proper credentials for adding blog posts were already "vetted" to get the credentials in the first place, why are these extra approvals required?  At the most, I could see one other MP Admin approving.  At the most, but three?

Thanks,
Kevin

On Wednesday, August 22, 2018 at 1:51:49 PM UTC-5, aeiras wrote:
The word doc works great enabling further feedback. Thanks Debbie!

My feedback added.

On Aug 22, 2018, at 11:11 AM, Debbie Hoffman <debbie....@payara.fish> wrote:

Hello,

  I pasted our Github instructions for how to contribute blog posts into a Google Doc and then made suggested additions & changes as I went through both case 1 and 2 as a “contributor”.  (Sorry, couldn’t figure out how to get edit access to the actual document on Github).  But this way, everyone can look at the Google doc and make suggestions to my changes as well.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g-vLDF1eHzwWqUgnJWPMJqWQjqO8EHY7XxfEBsJ7Qm8

Thanks,

Debbie

Cesar Saavedra
Senior Principal Technical Product Marketing Manager

Amelia Eiras

Sep 21, 2018, 1:11:16 PM9/21/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Ryan,

Copy/paste internal MP slack message on this thread to avoid missing follow up given that it is Friday. Thanks for follow up!

Amelia [10:03 AM] MP Slack:

@Ryan blog tab under MP.io requires adjustment. Instead of having the call for action be a contact form, we need to instead have the direct link to blog guidelines there. As it stands, we assume potential blogger knows where to find the documentation on git about how to blog. That is not scalable. Please confirm you understand this feedback. also when i click on “question” bottom, the space of _be come_ is 2 words, needs to be 1. Thanks for looking into this.