Werner Keil

Apr 26, 2018, 8:03:13 AM4/26/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi,

As mentioned in a call on Metrics and Fault Tolerance yesterday, JCON 2018 http://jcon.one/en/
still has an extended CFP till Monday, April 30.

I proposed two topics, one related to MP Metrics, so if others would like to participate, I am sure they accept multiple speakers (and judging from last year I trust each speaker gets a free pass unlike EclipseCon ;-) The keynote by Adam Bien even mentions Jakarta EE or MicroProfile, so if others have some topics to propose, give it a try. The conference is among the bigger Java events in Germany/Central Europe. And has both Oracle and Eclipse Foundation as top sponsors.

There is also a dedicated Cloud day which could be a good fit for MicroProfile topics.

Regards,
Werner

Werner Keil

Jun 22, 2018, 11:20:43 AM6/22/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi,

Congratulations to everyone who's proposal was approved for JCON 2018 in Düsseldorf.
We had to make some tough choices in the OC, but thanks to a dedicated Cloud and Serverless Day several MicroProfile proposals made it into the program. It seems, my proposal of MP Metrics and Monitoring is the only one in this track, but on the same day I spotted at least Emily and Rudy with talks on MP, so the 2nd day is the most busy one in the MP context. In addition there are at least 2 other talks by Emily and someone from a German consultancy on the other two days.

Looking forward to seeing you at JCON,
Werner