Connect into Cloudant with mircoprofile project

Neveen Adel

Nov 19, 2018, 2:45:45 AM11/19/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile

Hello,

I have a project using microprofile, and connecting to Cloudant database.

The issue is when connecting, it give me certificate error :
 [ERROR   ] CWPKI0022E: SSL HANDSHAKE FAILURE:  A signer with SubjectDN CN=*.cloudant.com, OU=Engineering, O="Cloudant, Inc.", L=Boston, ST=Massachusetts, C=US was sent from the target host.  The signer might need to be added to local trust store C:/Users/user/Liberty/usr/servers/simplespring2/resources/security/key.jks, located in SSL configuration alias defaultSSLConfig.  The extended error message from the SSL handshake exception is: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
[ERROR   ] Failed to read cookie response header
java.security.cert.CertificateException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
[ERROR   ] CWPKI0022E: SSL HANDSHAKE FAILURE:  A signer with SubjectDN CN=*.cloudant.com, OU=Engineering, O="Cloudant, Inc.", L=Boston, ST=Massachusetts, C=US was sent from the target host.  The signer might need to be added to local trust store C:/Users/user/Liberty/usr/servers/simplespring2/resources/security/key.jks, located in SSL configuration alias defaultSSLConfig.  The extended error message from the SSL handshake exception is: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
[ERROR   ] Failed to get response code from request
java.security.cert.CertificateException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
[ERROR   ] SRVE0777E: Exception thrown by application class 'db.CloudantClientMgr.getDB:128'
java.lang.RuntimeException: DB Not found
    at db.CloudantClientMgr.getDB(CloudantClientMgr.java:128)
    at servlets.LocationServlet.setLocation(LocationServlet.java:180)
    at servlets.LocationServlet.doPost(LocationServlet.java:170)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1287)
    at [internal classes]
Caused by: com.cloudant.client.org.lightcouch.CouchDbException: Error retrieving server response
    at com.cloudant.client.org.lightcouch.CouchDbClient.execute(CouchDbClient.java:535)
    at com.cloudant.client.org.lightcouch.CouchDbClient.executeToInputStream(CouchDbClient.java:550)
    at com.cloudant.client.org.lightcouch.CouchDbClient.put(CouchDbClient.java:361)
    at com.cloudant.client.org.lightcouch.CouchDbClient.put(CouchDbClient.java:351)
    at com.cloudant.client.org.lightcouch.CouchDatabaseBase.create(CouchDatabaseBase.java:437)
    at com.cloudant.client.org.lightcouch.CouchDatabaseBase.<init>(CouchDatabaseBase.java:61)
    at com.cloudant.client.org.lightcouch.CouchDatabase.<init>(CouchDatabase.java:26)
    at com.cloudant.client.org.lightcouch.CouchDbClient.database(CouchDbClient.java:165)
    at com.cloudant.client.api.CloudantClient.database(CloudantClient.java:216)
    at db.CloudantClientMgr.getDB(CloudantClientMgr.java:126)
    ... 6 more
Caused by (repeated) ... : javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

While when using spring it works fine without need to import any certificates to Keytool.

Any idea what is the problem ?

P.S.: I tried the scenario with
         - micoprofile 1.2 & 1.3.
         - Java 8_191

John Clingan

Nov 20, 2018, 12:49:28 PM11/20/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
IMHO, this forum is probably not the best place for digging into specific implementation issues / troubleshooting.  I think either StackOverflow or the forum dedicated to the specific MicroProfile implementation you are using are better locations. I surely do not want to discourage you from getting help in any way, but I think you will have better luck in those forums.  In this forum we tend to discuss current and future MicroProfile specifications.