Eclipse MicroProfile data sheet

Cesar Saavedra

Sep 19, 2017, 4:12:02 PM9/19/17
to Amy B Krofssik, Eclipse MicroProfile Marketing, MicroProfile, Cesar Saavedra
Hi Amy,

I attended the MicroProfile hangout call today and although we'll get an update on the following 2 items from you this coming Friday, today's attendees wanted to know the latest statuses on:

1) The Eclipse MicroProfile data sheet.  It was expressed that we would want to have some printouts at the Eclipse MicroProfile booth to hand out to people
2) The breakfast on Wednesday, October 4, 2017 at 8am PDT at Hilton hotel during JavaOne to discuss: Q4/Q1 meet-up/road shows strategy, etc.

Thanks,
--
Cesar Saavedra
Senior Principal Technical Product Marketing Manager

Amelia Eiras

Sep 19, 2017, 6:29:57 PM9/19/17
to Amy Krofssitk, Cesar Saavedra, MicroProfile, MicroProfile Marketing, David Blevins, Kevin Sutter, John Clingan
Hola Amy,

Amelia here :) Thank you for wonderful update.

May I suggest we create a gForm invite (public)?  We could easily share its link via MP social media {tweeter} in addition to gForum to enable traveling #MicroProfilers to own their attendance directly via form... without you having to deal with + 20 private emails. :)

Kudos on MP meet-up objectives for the 2hrs breakfast.

Lastly on section: Also - one item Kevin and I discussed (this may be in the PowerPoint Cesar) is to have a table with all the supporting companies across (columns) and supporting areas of MicroProfile.IO in rows. We should make it clear to developers what each company is supporting. Is there a technical lead that can work with me/support this? We can have at the back-end of the pdf.

— Cesar will send draft, currently located via new thread with view/comments access  to enable adjustments by Leads.
The plan is for demo to be presented on next MP hangout at JavaOne 10/3rd @ 11am PDT:

Document needs each platform team to add the data.

From TT: David dble...@tomitribe.com needs to be cc’d on that thread, in addition to all other leads PLUS general MP email.

Cheers,

On Sep 19, 2017, at 2:56 PM, Amy B Krofssik <akro...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

Cesar and all:

Sorry for the delay on this - I was waiting on a proposal for breakfast/meeting space from another hotel - but don't want to delay any more - so can provide this update.

For all MicroProfile Marketing members - please see action pertaining to breakfast below

Breakfast
I can confirm that IBM is securing space for a 2-hour meeting on Wed on Java One. I am trying to get a private meeting room with hot breakfast served through our event partner George P. Johnson (also a vendor supporting supporting Java One). I am waiting to see if we can get space at Hilton Union Square. If we can't the breakfast will be at the Hyatt Union Square or Palace. I will have a confirmed location shortly.

    MIcroProfile Breakfast Meeting Objectives:
      • Introductions Discuss 1/2 MicroProfile Technical Workshops - interest across all companies, timing, budget, locations
      • Discuss Meet-Up strategy for MicroProfile - unified calendar/multiple speakers from different companies, etc
      • Discuss AR/PR Guidelines on MicroProfile
      • Discuss MicroProfile Web Site (added suggested topic)
    Action: Please let me know if you can attend the marketing meeting from 8:00-10:00 a.m. on Wed at Java One. I will need this for catering and meeting space. If you are more on the technical-arm of MicroProfile.IO and have interest in the meeting- you are welcome to attend - just let me know

Eclipse MicroProfile Data Sheet
I met with Kevin Sutter yesterday. He shared with me the following document (see below). What I'd like to propose is using this document with a Microprofile Overview on the front-end (based on text from the web-site) - one page - lift copy from web-site Because this is a developer audience, I think appropriate AND I can do this quickly with our design team.

Also - one item Kevin and I discussed (this may be in the PowerPoint Cesar) is to have a table with all the supporting companies across (columns) and supporting areas of MicroProfile.IO in rows. We should make it clear to developers what each company is supporting. Is there a technical lead that can work with me/support this? We can have at the back-end of the pdf.

If we can't ID someone short-term - I think we go with the overview copy AND the spec sheet. I can apply company logos to the overview section.

Any concerns/objections? Any takers on creating a table to showcase versions/status of where a company is in support of MicroProfile?

(See attached file: microprofile-spec-1.2-RC1(1).pdf)

Demos for MicroProfile Booth
On the last MicroProfile call, it was shared the way will handle demos is for anyone staffing the booth, they should, where possible have a laptop with there own demos to showcase MicroProfile capabilities. Companies are on different version of MicroProfile and would be time consuming/difficult to do one demo.

Looking forward to meeting you all. AK

Amy B. Krofssik
Portfolio Marketing Manager, Java Community Strategy and Engagement
akro...@us.ibm.com
(508)612-3365

<graycol.gif>Cesar Saavedra ---09/19/2017 04:12:04 PM---Hi Amy, I attended the MicroProfile hangout call today and although we'll get an

<microprofile-spec-1.2-RC1(1).pdf>

Amelia Eiras

Sep 19, 2017, 6:37:10 PM9/19/17
to Amy Krofssitk, Cesar Saavedra, MicroProfile, MicroProfile Marketing, David Blevins, Kevin Sutter, John Clingan
Amy,

You need to becoming a member of the MP group for your post to come through microp...@googlegroups.com . As it is, your post is not yet available and won’t be posted after you become a member. You must forward or repost your original post.

FYI: only mktg-mp@ doesn’t require membership to post to group.

Amy Krofssik

Sep 25, 2017, 6:55:40 PM9/25/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile