Rolling up Health 1.0.Beta1

Heiko Braun

Aug 28, 2017, 6:47:42 AM8/28/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
As usual there is always room for improvement, but the current state of the health seems to be good enough for a 1.0.Beta1 from my point of view.
Looking at the schedule for MP 1.2 (two days left) and the availability of the of contributors I would suggest we push any further changes to 1.1, unless it’s really critical or blocking.

I'd suggest we review the following items, with a focus on actual blocking issues:

- API
- Java Docs
- Spec docs
- TCK

If all is well, I was hoping to publish a 1.0.Beta1 by today, so we’ve got something to review in tomorrows call. With respect to the MP 1.2 release, I'd suggest to leave it at Beta, to indicate that this release is intended for public review, unless someone has convincing arguments why a subproject Beta release should not be included in an overarching MP 1.2 release.

Regards, Heiko

John D. Ament

Aug 28, 2017, 7:38:11 AM8/28/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Typically we use the "RC" tag for the pre-releases.  I'm not sure if that's Eclipse policy or not, but I would recommend that we keep the naming consistent.

I would also strongly encourage you to fix https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-health/issues/88 as it could make the pom files unusable (org.eclispe.microprofile.apis does not exist as a group id).

John

Heiko Braun

Aug 28, 2017, 8:01:58 AM8/28/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Thanks John, I've fixed #88. Good catch!

Using RC makes also sense to me. So the next release will be Health 1.0 RC1

Kevin Sutter

Aug 28, 2017, 9:12:39 PM8/28/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Heiko,
Since you brought up a similar comment in the other thread...  If the team is okay with the limited functionality of Health 1.0 RC1, then we can go ahead and vote on a final 1.0 release.  Besides the Issue #88 that you just resolved, what other Issues are hanging out that are of a concern for a 1.0 release?

Thanks,
Kevin

Heiko Braun

Aug 29, 2017, 2:46:53 AM8/29/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
As I said on the other thread, it was just bake time for public review that came to my mind. I am fine with 1.0 Final