MP Technical White Paper Draft: Welcomes Feedback of MP Writers [volunteers]

Amelia Eiras

Sep 20, 2018, 9:27:21 PM9/20/18
to MicroProfile, Lars roewekamp, MicroProfile Marketing, Richard Monson-Haefel, Ryan St. James
Hola #MicroProfilers,

MP technical White-Paper is ready for Community review. Draft v.01 is located in the drive under Content MP Technical Paper, 13 pages.
Draft v.01  [public view ONLY]

First, thank you to formidable Lars for accepting to deliver the challenging task on writing the very first MP technical white paper, pro-bono!  #CaringISsharing the knowledge we discover via research, you Rock!
Thank you to Richard for providing the lead-written-support to shield Lars while content was taking shape.
Thanks to Ryan for starting to look into the best ways to dress-up this document with a MP design magic.

Thank YOU to each MicroProfiler, who chose to participate on the crude Outline (July 2018) feedback via comments & thanks to those MicroProfilers within the Mktg WG who have been adding value this project behind closed doors. Invaluable iterations, the fun side of #writingthetalk  #Community
---
How can you help draft v.01 become Final v1?

  • Join the 9/25 WhitePaper video hangout
  • Reply before the call, via this thread,  AND
  • Ask “Edit” access
  • Private message to me on this project will be ignored. :)

Rules of collaborative engagement requires self-discipline.
How we choose to add value ought to be simple:

  1. Any contribution you might decide to be part of will be visible to anyone interested in following this written project, #OSS style.
  2. As a reviewer with access to adjust document, you are expected to ONLY provide written feedback via “suggesting” mode
  • Doing so will enable Lars to either accept or decline feedback
  1. DO NOT “edit” draft directly.  Avoid being removed from having edit access
  2. Write “comments” ONLY when absolutely necessary
  • Expecting any meaty-comments to be integrated on written form equals to you adding written-debt.

Project Community Feedback:
Welcoming feedback closes on October 5th, 6pm PDT.
Why a 2 weeks deadline? White Paper virtual push is the goal before 2 major events that have major coverage of MP.

Oct 22nd week:
  1. Code1 2018
  2. EclipseCon Germany 2012

MP Technical White-Paper Hangout:

Calendar Zoon Invite for 9/25 11am-12PM PDT

Confirmed attendance by Lars, Richard & me…

We hope to enable a proactive informal flow of Q&A. The call was scheduled after this week (9/18) MP Community hangout.  It uses the same calendar space as our Community hangout, extension of the discussion which started on that call. Thanks John C for prompt execution! :)]

---

We look forward to welcoming many of you, available & interested MicroProfilers to join this written project.

See you on Tuesday,

Amelia Eiras

Sep 25, 2018, 3:21:20 PM9/25/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile