MP-JWT verification examples

Scott Stark

Apr 14, 2018, 1:38:19 AM4/14/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
In today's MP-JWT call there was a discussion about which settings involved in verification of a token various JWT libraries supported. I have put together tests of 4 of the Java libraries from jwt.io in the following package in the sandbox:

Based on this, there does not appear to be a problem with supporting configuration of the following verification items:
- public key of JWT signer
- issuer
- exp date
- clock skew / exp grace period

I'll next look at how JWK and JWKS are handled as part of the verification process by each of the libraries.

Scott Stark

Apr 18, 2018, 2:13:42 AM4/18/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I have added tests that show how 3 of the Java libraries support the use of JWKS as the source of the signer public key to the sandbox module under:

Take a look at those and let me know if there are other libraries in use that need to be validated. While all 3 libraries support a JWKS, not all have the direct notion of a verifierJwksRefreshInterval type reload period, so while we could have such a configuration parameter, there is no behavioral guarantee that it is supported.