MP Config 1.1 Release Contents

John D. Ament

Jul 29, 2017, 1:39:26 PM7/29/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi All,

I'd like to propose a small bug fix release for MP Config, version 1.1.  I'm hoping it only includes bug fixes, and just focuses on clarifications.

- Clarify that primitives should work - https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-config/issues/204
- TCK Tests for Default ConfigProperty - https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-config/issues/197

If there's availability, I would consider these two low hanging fruit as well:

Please let me know your thoughts.

John

Emily Jiang

Jul 30, 2017, 6:28:45 PM7/30/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi John,

The Config 1.1 is open for business. What you proposed are fine to be included in Config 1.1. Feel free to submit PRs.

While in the last Config hangout, Ondrej, Mark and I totally focused on the maven release of Config 1.0. In the next hangout, we will discuss the Config 1.1 content. There are a few issues marked for 1.1 already. Any bug fixes should go to 1.1 and I don't see any problems with it.

The big feature we would like to do in 1.1 is to properly/efficiently handle dynamics.

Emily

Arjan Tijms

Jul 31, 2017, 5:38:43 AM7/31/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi,

If some smallish features are in scope, what about a config source that based on the "stage" the application is in, picks up an extra embedded (in-archive) properties file from either a sub-directory or prefixed file-name?

So:

1. Base settings in META-INF/microprofile-config.properties - the same for all stages

2. Per stage overrides in say META-INF/[stage]/microprofile-config.properties or META-INF/microprofile-config-[stage].properties

E.g. suppose stage = "dev", then have that config source load META-INF/microprofile-config-dev.properties in addition to META-INF/microprofile-config.properties

Thoughts?

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Emily Jiang

Jul 31, 2017, 6:43:08 AM7/31/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Thanks for your input, Arjan! Please list your use case as an issue on the config repo and we then work together to get a best solution. The other idea we discussed in the past is to add the prefix on the config properties to denote the staging.

Emily