Starting the Microprofile Tutorial

Rhuan Henrique

Apr 8, 2019, 5:04:40 PM4/8/19
to MicroProfile
Hi guys,

I started to write the "Microprofile Tutorial" ( I don't know if will be this name) and I ask you what do you think about the docs. If you don't know about what I am speaking now access the issue on github: https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-marketing/issues/52

The first doc started is about Microprofile Config, and I only wrote the topics. Can you check and give-me a feedback or suggestion?

Thank you!
Rhuan Rocha
SouJava Community

Amelia Eiras

Apr 9, 2019, 6:08:34 PM4/9/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Rhuan,

Should there be no technical feedback loop, please add the topic with the forum thread and issue link (both needed) to next week MP hangout. :)

 Great form LatinArmada MicroProfiler,

Emily Jiang

Apr 23, 2019, 3:22:00 AM4/23/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi Rhuan,

Being late to the party due to personal holiday... Thanks for starting this initiative! It is great idea to have a good tutorial to educate others about why, how to use MicroProfile to create microservices.

I had a quick look at the tutorial. It has good structure. I would like to suggest you focus on some real use case scenario - such as how to get config from zookeeper or from database, etc. Basically, it would be useful to focus on something more practical, where developers can borrow the idea straightaway.

Thanks
Emily

Rhuan Henrique

Apr 28, 2019, 5:36:46 PM4/28/19
to MicroProfile
Thank you!

I'm sorry for delay. I had an event and I stayed out.

Thank you for your feedback!

Regards,
Rhuan Rocha

Emily Jiang

Apr 28, 2019, 5:38:28 PM4/28/19
to MicroProfile
No problem! Look forward to working with you on this blog!
Thanks
Emily

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Eclipse MicroProfile" group.

Thanks
Emily
=================
Emily Jiang
eji...@apache.org

Rhuan Henrique

May 27, 2019, 6:29:03 PM5/27/19
to MicroProfile
Hi Microprofilers,

I created a draft of Config tutorial to Microprofile Tutorial. How can we work to make revisions in this? We have a process of revision of blog post, but how can we do with Microprofile Tutorial revision?

I created a basic tutorial and we can improve them in an incremental process.

Thank you for all!
Rhuan Rocha
SouJava Rio

Rhuan Henrique

May 27, 2019, 6:31:47 PM5/27/19
to MicroProfile

Amelia Eiras

May 28, 2019, 3:38:56 PM5/28/19
to Rhuan Rocha, MicroProfile
Hola Rhuan,

Please create an issue and we will help add a few technical MicroProfilers to help with code matters while also adding copy/editor to grammar side of things. :)

Once you do, share the link via this thread. Keep momentum and if you get no technical feedback on it before next MP Community call, do add topic to agenda.
#writingTHEtalk is fun, your actions keeping up matter.

Abrazos,

Emily Jiang

May 28, 2019, 5:22:08 PM5/28/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Thank you Rhuan for writing this blog! I have added a comment! I think writing a blog with some real use of MP Config will benefit Java Developers. I suggest to create a project to demonstrate the usage.

My 2cents.

Thanks
Emily
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to microp...@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/microprofile/727206f5-6109-40bd-9caa-eaf158ae6718%40googlegroups.com.

Thanks
Emily

Rhuan Henrique

May 30, 2019, 5:29:15 PM5/30/19
to MicroProfile
Hi Emily,

Thank for your reply and I'm sorry for my delay.

I think to create the basic topics of each specs and I'll create a project as example. But I'm thinking to make these tutorial with a incremental way. With this, we can create a basic tutorial for each specification and make improvements in these tutorials by defining new topics(example: Using OpenTracing with Jaeger).

What do you think about?

Thank you!

Emily Jiang

Jun 10, 2019, 5:57:21 AM6/10/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi Rhuan,

Sorry for the delay due to traveling! Your plan sounds great. As for the basic topics of each spec, the corresponding spec should serve the purpose. My suggestion is to focus on the practical usage with some reference to the spec doc. If you think some info is missing, can you contribute towards the relevant readme ascii doc by directly proposing PRs?

Thanks
Emily