MP Architecture 8/14

Ken Finnigan

Aug 14, 2019, 3:10:25 PM8/14/19
to MicroProfile
Yesterday was August's Architecture meeting. The full minutes are here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uAKRymdAL5Wj1KADzrYKZzSnAFsq74lBfj8lxKQnI6I/edit?usp=sharing

A couple of outcomes worth noting:
  • TCK unification across all MP specifications has such a wide impact that discussion on the topic will be brought to the full community for discussion
  • We discussed wanting each specification to publish the HTML spec doc on GitHub so that it can be opened instead of downloaded, leading to discussing the need for a large improvement to the mp.io/projects page.
  • EL API. As no specifications are currently using the features of the EL API, a transitive dependency from CDI, we agree to exclude it. I've updated the Architecture wiki [1] with that information and created the issues to update the specifications [2].

Ken