MicroProfile OpenAPI 1.1 is now available!

Arthur De Magalhaes

Jan 3, 2019, 10:50:39 AM1/3/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi everyone,

I am happy to announce that our final MicroProfile OpenAPI 1.1 release is now available!  https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-open-api/releases/tag/mp-openapi-1.1

Special thanks to Jeremie and Eric for their contributions.     The API / TCK / etc are now on Maven Central.

Thanks,
Arthur

Igor B

Jan 3, 2019, 1:55:04 PM1/3/19
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Congratulations to this release. It’s great to see progress on the OpenAPI Profile. Look forward to be able to use it in real world example.

Thank you for your great work.

Best regards,

Igor

m.reza.rahman

Jan 3, 2019, 3:25:35 PM1/3/19
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Is it fair to say this is mostly a maintenance release? Is there something compelling here worth highlighting to current non-adopters?

Arthur De Magalhaes

Jan 3, 2019, 8:32:01 PM1/3/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Yup, that's a fair statement.  There were mostly "cleanup" type of items that went into 1.1, so the usage of the models and annotations are smoother now.

Probably the most  notable changes are supporting `PATCH` from JAX-RS 2.1, allowing complex values in the @Extension annotation, and ignoring MP Rest Clients from appearing in the OAS3 doc.

Thanks,
Arthur

Arthur De Magalhaes

Jan 7, 2019, 8:51:16 PM1/7/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hey everyone - we found out some TCK tests were actually expecting the wrong behaviour, so we have released  a patch release via `1.1.1`: https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-open-api/releases/tag/mp-openapi-1.1.1

Thx,
Arthur