Who's going to what fall conferences?

Kevin Sutter

Aug 17, 2018, 9:08:09 AM8/17/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi,
Just looking to see what kind of coverage we have at the fall conferences.  Maybe we can do an impromptu meet-up if there are enough of us...  I will admit that some of my accepted talks are related to Jakarta EE instead of MicroProfile, but we can still promote MicroProfile...  :-)

EclipseCon Europe, +1
Oracle CodeOne, -1 (Ian Robinson is covering my accepted talk)
Devoxx BE, +1

Markus Eisele

Aug 17, 2018, 9:41:04 AM8/17/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
There's also the Reactive Summit in Montreal!
Clement has a talk accepted there!

Edwin Derks

Aug 17, 2018, 9:58:05 AM8/17/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Devoxx Antwerp +1 (also talks accepted there)
EclipseCon Europe +1 (also talks accepted there)

Optional:
JFall
CodeMotion Madrid/Berlin/Milan

Let's meet at Devoxx and EclipseCon :)

Gr,

Edwin

Kevin Sutter

Markus Eisele

Kevin Sutter

Reza Rahman

Aug 17, 2018, 5:34:34 PM8/17/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
My Oracle Code One sessions are outlined here: http://blog.rahmannet.net/2018/08/does-spirit-of-javaone-live-on-inside.html. Probably pretty self-explanatory where the Java EE/MicroProfile/Jakarta EE intersections are.

That's about it in terms of my large conference footprint for the rest of the year. In the new year I'll likely be at DevNexus, CodeMash, ConFoo, etc.

Ondro Mihályi

Aug 19, 2018, 3:12:26 AM8/19/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I'll be at

Devoxx BE
CodeOne

Talking about MP in both.

--Ondro

Werner Keil

Aug 19, 2018, 3:21:15 PM8/19/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
JCON

There are a couple of MP-related talks including my own about Metrics/Monitoring.

Also at least 2 other JVM-related conferences with JNoSQL:
- JVM-Con
- Java2Days

Werner

Steve Millidge

Aug 21, 2018, 11:24:20 AM8/21/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I will be at ECE along with another Payara speaker.

Heiko Rupp

Aug 21, 2018, 2:12:53 PM8/21/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I help organising the community day at ECE, so I may be there on Monday. Not sure for other days though (perhaps for the party :-)

Antonio Goncalves

Sep 4, 2018, 2:16:15 PM9/4/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
And a few people going to Voxxed Days Microservices ;o)

Antonio

Le mar. 21 août 2018 à 20:12, 'Heiko Rupp' via Eclipse MicroProfile <microp...@googlegroups.com> a écrit :
I help organising the community day at ECE, so I may be there on Monday. Not sure for other days though (perhaps for the party :-)

Antonio Goncalves
Contractor, Java Champion and Pluralsight author

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Author Pluralsight | Devoxx France | Voxxed Microservices

Cesar Saavedra

Sep 18, 2018, 1:26:36 PM9/18/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I'll be at ECE 2018. I may be at Voxxed Days Microservices.

Heiko Rupp

Sep 20, 2018, 4:43:28 AM9/20/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I'll be at ECE Monday-Thursday

Werner Keil

Sep 21, 2018, 7:32:49 AM9/21/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Same for me, as Jakarta EE Committee Member (the only Committer rep as Ivar is expected to be in San Francisco for other duties like JCP EC) I plan to participate in the WG activities and some presentations on Monday, but I won't be at the rest of the conference.

Werner Keil

Sep 21, 2018, 7:39:26 AM9/21/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Some of us, including at least myself, Rudy and Emily as well as Oracle speakers will be at JCON in Düsseldorf in the second week of October.

I will also give a JNoSQL presentation at JVM-Con in the last week of November and another one together with Otavio at Java2Days in Sofia.

Kevin Sutter

Sep 21, 2018, 9:03:10 AM9/21/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Wow!  It looks like we're getting great coverage at the various fall conferences!  Thanks for the feedback everyone.

--  Kevin

Werner Keil

Sep 21, 2018, 9:48:21 AM9/21/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Oh yes and while my JVM-Con talk is not directly related to MicroProfile (more on the Jakarta EE side with JNoSQL) Rudy also has a talk about MicroProfile there. We also have two Red Hat speakers, but their sessions are related to Kubernetes, not so much to Java or Java based solutions.

Werner

Gordon Hutchison

Sep 21, 2018, 10:57:29 AM9/21/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile

I am going to Oracle CodeOne and will present on the use of MicroProfile Reactive Streams Operators.

Emily Jiang

Sep 21, 2018, 12:44:50 PM9/21/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Thank you Werner! It would be great to meet up at JCon with you and Rudy!

I will go to quite a few conferences in October to promote MicroProfile:

JCon
Heapcon
Oracle Code One (It is a shame that I cannot go to EclipseCon Europe)
Voxxed Days in Microservices - with quite a few MicroProfiles to run MicroProfile lab and a talk.

I am sure I will meet up many of you at Code one and Voxxed Days.

Thanks
Emily