Please Vote - Built in Configuration/Configuration Discovery

John D. Ament

May 22, 2017, 7:54:43 AM5/22/17
to MicroProfile
All,

This is a call to vote for the inclusion of a new specification based on creating a suite of built in properties.  It builds on top of the configuration spec.

As can be seen, there is interest in building this out, strong alignment with Configuration.  It is not presently tied to a MP release, so whenever its done it'll ship.

I'll leave this thread open for a week.

John

Mike Croft

May 23, 2017, 4:58:55 PM5/23/17
to MicroProfile
+1

Ondrej Mihályi

May 23, 2017, 5:17:08 PM5/23/17
to MicroProfile
+1

I understand that the proposal is about general idea and the example with the listen port and address is just for illustration and subject for further discussion after the proposal is accepted.
Thanks for the proposal!

John D. Ament

May 27, 2017, 11:58:35 AM5/27/17
to MicroProfile
Just as a heads up for those who have voted, I did push up a small edit to the spec to clarify a couple of points raised in discussion.

Kevin Sutter

May 31, 2017, 4:55:05 PM5/31/17
to MicroProfile
+1 and just merged in your changes. Thanks, John!