[FEEDBACK NEEDED] Re: Social card template for upcoming Oracle Code One

Amelia Eiras

Sep 11, 2019, 4:04:58 PM9/11/19
to MicroProfile
Wednesday MicroProfilers,

rushing- just before the flight—  here we go again to those traveling and attending J1, now OC1 — travel safe!

Thus far, there are 7 OC1 tickets submitted to repo that are submitted within the suggested timing to enable MP social fun coverage. MORE OC1 git tickets are welcomed by those speakers who want the extra push. Own it, there are no “secretaries in OSS."

Via this forum, we requested and got the design file from RedHat, thank you.  The design will be used for Community OC1 media sessions on the tickets submitted via git to avoid discrepancies on what has been pushed by RH to cover their sessions at OC1.

Emily — you ask “who will tweet the talks?”  Tomitribe using the git issues will create & tweet each session ticket submitted for OC1. We are happy to help.

The MP media coverage aims at covering all MicroProfilers who are enhancing via actions MP adaptability via talks/meet ups/ect. Specially those who choose to pay attention to the weekly reminders about  call - to -action, Submit your MP session: https://twitter.com/MicroProfileIO/status/1171796034772598786?s=20

YOUR FEEDBACK NEEDED VIA GIT:
 2 tickets  require this community follow up directly via the issues, nothing new- they were shown via the last MP hangout this month & tracing is added to enable everyone to provide their thoughts:

[MP- errors with Media push] Facebook- Informed via this ticket #

Is it ok to push via media MP,  twitter as an example tool,  an event that has MP sessions? reference to ticket 185 above.

There has been about ~70 sessions tickets submitted and not once an event asked to be pushed b/c it contain MP sessions.
Seen via tickets submitted the current format is the session contains:

  1. the talk title contains MicroProfile word AND/OR/BOTH
  2. the abstract explicit states that MicroProfile is the core focus of the talk

Lastly, in 2019-  MP media coverage has become scalable beyond 1 person being the “it” for it to run.  There is documentation to enable others to own tasks and just help asynchronous.
TODAY, MP media needs more of YOU to become Social Media Contributors- technical you, specially,  to own & make better the processes. Check the media how to and provide feedback if unsure.

Thank YOU to each one of you who have submitted MP sessions +70 thus far created and closed OUT OF 158 CLOSED.
Special Thank you to Ryan- Triber and SouJava MicroProfilers who have help creating the generic templates that MP social reuses! :)

On Sep 11, 2019, at 9:34 AM, 'Emily Jiang' via Eclipse MicroProfile Marketing <microprofil...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

I added my talks on the spreadsheet. Who will tweet the talks?
Thanks
Emily

On Friday, August 30, 2019 at 11:08:48 PM UTC+1, Cesar Saavedra wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I have uploaded some social card templates for Oracle Code One (OCO) to the MP Marketing drive at the following location:

Please feel free to use these to put together social cards for your OCO speakers.

Thanks,
--
Cesar Saavedra
Senior Principal Technical Product Marketing Manager

Ondro Mihályi

Sep 14, 2019, 5:11:55 PM9/14/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I've created one more issue for my and Fabio Turizo's talks at Code One (4 sessions together): https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-marketing/issues/197

I've assigned to Ryan, I'm sorry I forgot to do this earlier.

Ondro
Wednesday MicroProfilers,

Ryan St. James

Sep 15, 2019, 4:32:16 AM9/15/19