DZone Java Guide to cover Microprofile

ke...@hazelcast.com

Jun 2, 2017, 1:30:01 PM6/2/17
to MicroProfile
Attached is prospectus for upcoming Dzone Java Guide.  The editorial for the guide is planned to include:
Java’s relevance in the modern world
• Java 9
• Microservices in Java
Microprofiles
• Design patterns and anti-patterns

I suggested to the publisher that one of the Microprofile project leads could be interviewed.

Alex Craft there would love to hear from anyone who is interested in sponsoring. al...@dzone.com
DZone_JavaGuideOneSheeter-1.pdf

Reza Rahman

Jun 2, 2017, 4:47:06 PM6/2/17
to MicroProfile
FYI I am the author of the "Java Microservices" part and did mention both Java EE and MicroProfile in addition to Spring Boot, Dropwizard, Lagom, etc.

I strongly recommend supporting DZone. They are good people. I think a writeup introducing the MicroProfile would be wisest, perhaps authored by John Clingan.

csaa...@redhat.com

Jun 6, 2017, 1:29:51 PM6/6/17
to MicroProfile
Hi Reza,

How in detail did you go into MicroProfile in your "Java Microservices" part?  Also, if John were to author an introduction to MicroProfile to be featured by DZone, what would the mechanics of getting that done be?  Is there a cost to it? Who from DZone could work with John on this? How would DZone publish it on their site, e.g. blogpost format, press release, news feed, etc.?

Thanks,
Cesar

Reza Rahman

Jun 6, 2017, 2:53:48 PM6/6/17
to csaa...@redhat.com, MicroProfile
Responding in detail privately to you and John. I am not sure how much of this is publicly consumable for the DZone folks (hopefully all of it is, but I would rather not take any chances).