[MPWG_SCR Approval of the Steering Minutes] Request Vote for October 20th, 2020

Amelia Eiras

Nov 3, 2020, 4:58:17 PM11/3/20
to Microprofile WG Discussions, MicroProfile Community
Hola MicroProfile Steering Committee Representatives, MPWG_SCR,

Thank you, Sharon, for kindly joining today's MP 4.0 Release discussion to remind MicroProfilers that t
he first steering minutes' status is still under "draft version," which violates 1 of the foundation WG project's processes.

The MPWG vote (AJUG, Jelastic, Red Hat, IBM & Tomitribe) is requested ASAP (we have passed the 2 weeks window-mark) to approve the October 20th, 2020 draft minutes

The MicroProfile Community input is always welcomed. However, only the votes delivered by the assigned representatives or their Proxy [1 vote per member +1 (positive), 0 (abstain), or -1 (reject)] will be counted.

Thank you for promptly submitting your vote!

--- draft documentation
Approval Minutes Process to be added to the MPWG repo once reviewed:

The MPWG_SC will approve the "draft minutes" via:
  1. Email: micropr...@eclipse.org
  2. Email Subject: [MPWG_SCR Approval of the Steering Minutes] Request Vote for [month/day/year]
  3. Vote timeline:  votes must be finalized no later than two (2) weeks after the steering call took place
  4. Minutes Publication: the PDF minutes will be copied, attached, and sent [by the MPWG volunteer facilitator (s)] to  micropr...@eclipse.org which completes 1 of the WG's compliance processes.
  • WIP nice to have - the minute's PDF &/or link will be imported to the new MPWG page on the MP website
Suggested email draft-template:

MicroProfile Steering Committee Representatives,

The vote (List of Members) is requested to approve the (month/day/year) (draft minutes link).

The MicroProfile Community input is welcomed. However, only the votes cast by the assigned representatives or their proxies [1 vote per member +1 (positive), 0 (abstain), or -1 (reject)] will be counted.

Kevin Sutter

Nov 4, 2020, 8:41:09 AM11/4/20
to Microprofile WG discussions, MicroProfile Community
+1 (IBM)

John Clingan

Nov 4, 2020, 10:01:42 AM11/4/20
to MicroProfile Community, Microprofile WG discussions
+1 (Red Hat)

David Blevins

Nov 4, 2020, 11:09:15 AM11/4/20
to Amelia Eiras Blevins, Microprofile WG Discussions, Micro Profile

David Blevins

Nov 4, 2020, 11:10:03 AM11/4/20
to Amelia Eiras Blevins, Microprofile WG Discussions, Micro Profile
Being more specific

+1 (Tomitribe)

Vincent Mayers

Nov 4, 2020, 3:06:50 PM11/4/20
to MicroProfile
+1 (AJUG)

Tetiana Fydorenchyk

Nov 10, 2020, 9:26:49 PM11/10/20
to MicroProfile
+1 (Jelastic)

Amelia Eiras

Nov 11, 2020, 1:05:51 PM11/11/20
to MicroProfile Community, MPWG, Paul Buck
Hola Paul,

Two issues that would like your input with:
  1. MicroProfiler member Jelastic submitted the vote after the minutes were closed & sent to the forums.  Can we adjust the minutes to add their vote?  For call minutes, what's the level of flexibility?
  2. Via private, you provided excellent feedback on the electronic vote process we could try on the next vote. It is easy to drop an email from the vote when the better known is the MP general forum.   It takes practice and care to acquire a new process. We are adopting as we do.  All MPWG steering votes must be submitted and completed using the MPWG EF forum mailing list. Your feedback to avoid adding the general MP email to such votes is valid & needs to be used - forwarding or creating a new thread to share the vote's link theard are likely better options.   Thanks for the recommendation based on actions : )  We will add it to the documentation HOW process.
Thanks for the clarification about minutes,

Sharon Corbett

Nov 14, 2020, 7:57:16 PM11/14/20
to Microprofile WG discussions, MicroProfile Community, Paul Buck

Apologies for the late reply…

While we understand the desire to show the support of the +1, it is bad practice to alter minutes once they are approved (unless there is a true error), and in general, to modify the recorded results of a vote after the vote has been completed.  Our recommendation is to not change the minutes.

However, we recognize the value in having all members weigh in on a matter, especially if it is material.  So it could be recorded in the next set of minutes, if it’s felt worth adding this +1.

As a reminder, there is no requirement for all members to vote on every matter.  That is, provided a quorum is present at a meeting, then as long as the majority of those present vote in favor of a motion, then the motion carries (unless a super majority is required (see Charter). As a matter of style, if all who attended a meeting voted in favor of approving the minutes, then the vote can be recorded as “The minutes were unanimously approved”.

Further from a governance standpoint, we strongly recommend the following: PDF indicates Approved version in Title for mailing list distribution Document body no longer references "Draft" PDF of Approved Version is placed in an Approved Minutes Folder (easy to link to Website)

Please let us know if there are any lingering questions.

Best,

Sharon

Amelia Eiras

Nov 16, 2020, 12:18:04 PM11/16/20
to MicroProfile Community, Microprofile WG discussions, Paul Buck
Understood Sharon, thank you!