What is the "official" name of the Health Check specification?

Mike Croft

Apr 11, 2018, 4:26:51 AM4/11/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Looking in the eclipse/microprofile-health and the eclipse/microprofile-bom repositories, I can see it referred to as:

  • Service Healthchecks
  • Service Health Checks
  • Eclipse MicroProfile Health Check

There's a similar thing with JWT where I can see:

  • Eclipse MicroProfile Interoperable JWT RBAC
  • Eclipse MicroProfile JWT Authentication

I expect that the correct names should be the ones found in the MicroProfile Bom repository are correct, so Eclipse MicroProfile Health Check and Eclipse MicroProfile JWT Authentication.

Just trying to be consistent in how I write about them!

Emily Jiang

Apr 11, 2018, 4:34:13 AM4/11/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
In my opinion, what you highlighted should be the official names. I do agree we should unify the names and stick to it.
Emily

Heiko Braun

Apr 12, 2018, 1:38:22 AM4/12/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
+1

Kevin Sutter

Apr 13, 2018, 2:42:48 PM4/13/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
+1, Mike.  Of course, I like the ones specified in the MP bom repo...  :-)

On Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 12:38:22 AM UTC-5, Heiko Braun wrote:
+1

Antoine Sabot-Durand

Apr 19, 2018, 3:49:08 AM4/19/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
I sent a PR to make name of the spec consistent [1].
I wanted everybody to be aware that this PR changes the name of artefact in the project (i.e. microprofile-health-api becomes microprofile-health-check-api).

Is it ok for you or should you stick to the existing artefact names ?

Emily Jiang

Apr 20, 2018, 5:46:15 PM4/20/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I think we should stay with the artifact ID. In this case, I prefer it is called 'MicroProfile Health' instead of 'MicroProfile Health Check' for less disturbing changes.

Thanks
Emily

Antoine Sabot-Durand

Apr 23, 2018, 6:28:41 AM4/23/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Agree. I'm reverting the name to original one

Antoine Sabot-Durand

Apr 24, 2018, 6:55:21 AM4/24/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
So, do we align the align the name on the artefact id in the spec and go for "MicroProfile health" or do we stick to "MicroProfile health check" in the spec and keep the shortname "microprofile-health" in pom files ?

Emily Jiang

Apr 24, 2018, 5:23:55 PM4/24/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I prefer to use MicroProfile Health so that everywhere is synced up, and we don't need to change the artifact id. The repo is already correct.

Emily