Weekly MicroProfile Working Group Proposal Discussions. Feedback requested.

John Clingan

Jan 14, 2020, 5:11:25 PM1/14/20
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Great MicroProfile Live Hangout call today (minutes)(recording)!  Note, I plan to go back and add to meeting minutes.

Today's call is the first of many on the topic of working group proposals.  At the end of today's Live Hangout, we agreed to continue the discussion using two forums:

  1. Weekly Calls. Same bat time, same bat channel as our Live Hangouts.
    1. First 30 minutes of our weekly live hangout will be reserved for this discussion
    2. A new bi-weekly meeting has been added to the MicroProfile calendar.
    3. The sum of the last two items = every week :-)
    4. The architecture call happens 1x/month during this time slot. I recommend moving the architecture time slot, or postponing the architecture call until WG discussion is done. It would make scheduling of the WG discussion much simpler, but open to alternative ideas.
    5. All meetings will be upload to the MicroProfile YouTube Channel
  2. Between threads ("offline"), use the MicroProfile Google Group
    1. This thread discussion is reserved for the topics to discuss on the weekly calls, and to prioritize them. Branding, Budget, steering committee, etc, etc.
    2. Continue the existing working group thread on the working group details, including branding, budget, steering committee, etc.
    3. Alternatively, it may be a good idea to start a separate thread on each topic to make it more navigable than the existing looooooong working group thread. Open to ideas here (ex: nomenclature, like "WG-BUDGET", "WG-BRANDING", etc. However, let's get a good start on a prioritized topic list first. It is OK to have this multi-threaded discussion here ;-)
Again, great call today and thanks to everyone for joining!

Emily Jiang

Jan 16, 2020, 6:27:15 AM1/16/20
to Eclipse MicroProfile
The architecture call happens 1x/month during this time slot. I recommend moving the architecture time slot, or postponing the architecture call until WG discussion is done. It would make scheduling of the WG discussion much simpler, but open to alternative ideas.
I recommend to make the Architecture async and comment on the git issues etc.
  1. Alternatively, it may be a good idea to start a separate thread on each topic to make it more navigable than the existing looooooong working group thread. Open to ideas here (ex: nomenclature, like "WG-BUDGET", "WG-BRANDING", etc. However, let's get a good start on a prioritized topic list first. It is OK to have this multi-threaded discussion here ;-)
I like the idea of separate discussion on the different topic. I am wondering whether we should use git issues under sandbox to log our comments. e.g. create separate git issue on branding, bugget, steering committee, etc. In this way, it is much easier to read. Thoughts?

Thanks
Emily

John Clingan

Jan 16, 2020, 1:28:23 PM1/16/20
to Eclipse MicroProfile

On Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 3:27:15 AM UTC-8, Emily Jiang wrote:
The architecture call happens 1x/month during this time slot. I recommend moving the architecture time slot, or postponing the architecture call until WG discussion is done. It would make scheduling of the WG discussion much simpler, but open to alternative ideas.
I recommend to make the Architecture async and comment on the git issues etc.

Architecture async is cool. I prefer to leave the discussion here.

  1. Alternatively, it may be a good idea to start a separate thread on each topic to make it more navigable than the existing looooooong working group thread. Open to ideas here (ex: nomenclature, like "WG-BUDGET", "WG-BRANDING", etc. However, let's get a good start on a prioritized topic list first. It is OK to have this multi-threaded discussion here ;-)
I like the idea of separate discussion on the different topic. I am wondering whether we should use git issues under sandbox to log our comments. e.g. create separate git issue on branding, bugget, steering committee, etc. In this way, it is much easier to read. Thoughts?

As before, I prefer here.

Ken Finnigan

Jan 16, 2020, 1:57:51 PM1/16/20
to MicroProfile
On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 1:28 PM John Clingan <jcli...@redhat.com> wrote:

On Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 3:27:15 AM UTC-8, Emily Jiang wrote:
The architecture call happens 1x/month during this time slot. I recommend moving the architecture time slot, or postponing the architecture call until WG discussion is done. It would make scheduling of the WG discussion much simpler, but open to alternative ideas.
I recommend to make the Architecture async and comment on the git issues etc.

Architecture async is cool. I prefer to leave the discussion here.

Are we talking about making anything Architecture related async or just the call at beginning of Feb?

On Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 10:11:25 PM UTC, John Clingan wrote:
[...]

Emily Jiang

Jan 16, 2020, 5:31:26 PM1/16/20
to MicroProfile
Are we talking about making anything Architecture related async or just the call at beginning of Feb?
Before the working group issue is sorted, I recommend to make Architecture related discussion async.  The MP Architecture call can resume afterwards.
Thanks
Emily

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Eclipse MicroProfile" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/microprofile/CAKeeVe7Db7ES3mvN7On1Xnns6zwWhANBpgrX%2BiJtRCY-ua7nYQ%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Thanks
Emily

John Clingan

Jan 17, 2020, 9:48:16 AM1/17/20
to Eclipse MicroProfile

On Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 10:57:51 AM UTC-8, Ken Finnigan wrote:

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 1:28 PM John Clingan <jcli...@redhat.com> wrote:

On Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 3:27:15 AM UTC-8, Emily Jiang wrote:
The architecture call happens 1x/month during this time slot. I recommend moving the architecture time slot, or postponing the architecture call until WG discussion is done. It would make scheduling of the WG discussion much simpler, but open to alternative ideas.
I recommend to make the Architecture async and comment on the git issues etc.

Architecture async is cool. I prefer to leave the discussion here.

Are we talking about making anything Architecture related async or just the call at beginning of Feb?

Replace the architecture meetings with async discussions in this google group until the WG discussion is done. I'm guessing at least through end of March. Alternatively, we can call an architecture meeting during a different time slot until WG discussions are done.

<snip>

Amelia Eiras

Jan 20, 2020, 4:14:29 PM1/20/20
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hola beautiful MicroProfilers,

Small correction based on the majority feedback, during last week's discussion, that ACTUALLY it is the 2nd half is going to be used for the MPWG discussion.

I recommend everyone, who is attending tomorrow's Community call, to AT LEAST listen/CONSUME the recording of the very 1st MPWG discussion. Its value sets important MicroProfile tracing that is vital for healthy follow-up conversations! :)

Ignorance is a choice.