Service Mesh Working Group meeting time

Ken Finnigan

Aug 7, 2018, 11:14:40 AM8/7/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
All,

I've created a Doodle poll to get feedback on alternate meeting times, as I know there are people unable to attend the current time.

Ignore the dates and just look at the times.

As part of changing the time I'd also like to change the venue. Currently the meetings are using Emily's Zoom account, which means we need her present for the meetings. I'd like to switch to another meeting location that isn't dependent on anyone being present to start it.

Will leave the poll open for a week or so.

Thanks
Ken

Emily Jiang

Aug 12, 2018, 11:27:54 AM8/12/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi Ken,

Sorry for the silence on this subject as I was away for 2 weeks. As recently commented in another thread, I would like to find out who else want to attend. I know John C would like to attend most meetings, however there is time limiting. In order to mitigate this, we will record detailed minutes so that anyone who missed the call can read the minutes. As you may know, it took us quite a while to find this current time slot that the active participants can attend. However, if someone else wants to join and find the time is not convenient, we can then try to do the doodle.

As part of changing the time I'd also like to change the venue. Currently the meetings are using Emily's Zoom account, which means we need her present for the meetings. I'd like to switch to another meeting location that isn't dependent on anyone being present to start it.

I am afraid the above info is incorrect. Please see the microprofile google calendar. I think you might have the out-of-date info. It was on my zoom but then shortly we switched to use microprofile zoom account. You have used the zoom in the past few calls but you may not recall.

Thanks
Emily

For the coming week's service mesh, we

Ken Finnigan

Aug 12, 2018, 11:33:23 AM8/12/18
to MicroProfile
On Sun, Aug 12, 2018 at 11:27 AM 'Emily Jiang' via Eclipse MicroProfile <microp...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hi Ken,

Sorry for the silence on this subject as I was away for 2 weeks. As recently commented in another thread, I would like to find out who else want to attend. I know John C would like to attend most meetings, however there is time limiting. In order to mitigate this, we will record detailed minutes so that anyone who missed the call can read the minutes. As you may know, it took us quite a while to find this current time slot that the active participants can attend. However, if someone else wants to join and find the time is not convenient, we can then try to do the doodle.

That is the whole reason I'm doing the Doodle Poll, there are others I know want to attend but are unable to at the present time.

Though these people haven't sent anything to the group list, there are definitely others wanting to attend that currently have a clash, which includes John C.

I know it's not ideal to change the time again, but I wouldn't be requesting it if there weren't others that needed it to change.

As part of changing the time I'd also like to change the venue. Currently the meetings are using Emily's Zoom account, which means we need her present for the meetings. I'd like to switch to another meeting location that isn't dependent on anyone being present to start it.

I am afraid the above info is incorrect. Please see the microprofile google calendar. I think you might have the out-of-date info. It was on my zoom but then shortly we switched to use microprofile zoom account. You have used the zoom in the past few calls but you may not recall.

I think I presumed that because I was unable to connect on Tuesday for the meeting. Does anyone need to activate it first?

On Tuesday, August 7, 2018 at 5:14:40 PM UTC+2, Ken Finnigan wrote:
All,

I've created a Doodle poll to get feedback on alternate meeting times, as I know there are people unable to attend the current time.

Ignore the dates and just look at the times.

As part of changing the time I'd also like to change the venue. Currently the meetings are using Emily's Zoom account, which means we need her present for the meetings. I'd like to switch to another meeting location that isn't dependent on anyone being present to start it.

Will leave the poll open for a week or so.

Thanks
Ken

Emily Jiang

Aug 12, 2018, 5:45:13 PM8/12/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I think I presumed that because I was unable to connect on Tuesday for the meeting. Does anyone need to activate it first?

It is standard MicroProfile zoom account, the same one being used by bi-weekly MP calls. Anyone can start it.

That is the whole reason I'm doing the Doodle Poll, there are others I know want to attend but are unable to at the present time.

Though these people haven't sent anything to the group list, there are definitely others wanting to attend that currently have a clash, which includes John C.

I know it's not ideal to change the time again, but I wouldn't be requesting it if there weren't others that needed it to change.

sure. If you know someone wants to join, it is fine to start the pool again. I just shared my view since I did not know anyone else wants to join.

Anyone who wants to join this week's service mesh call, the time is still on Tuesday 4-5pm UK time (see MP calendar for meeting details).

Thanks
Emily

Ken Finnigan

Aug 30, 2018, 9:14:16 AM8/30/18
to MicroProfile
I've now closed the Doodle Poll for the new service mesh meeting time.

The most popular time was Wednesday 8am EST, 1pm GMT.

Emily will be updating the MicroProfile calendar with the new time, which will be effective from next week.

Ken

John Clingan

Aug 30, 2018, 12:49:11 PM8/30/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
5am my time. Hey, my fault for not doodling. I do plan on making some of them, though. If I join, I’ll be able to record and post to our youtube channel.

Also, as an FYI, the Zoom account is not the MicroProfile Zoom account, it is the Eclipse Technology PMC account, so it’s shared among all Technology PMC projects. That means at some point in the (distant?) future, I suspect we may have to change technologies or Zoom accounts due to schedule clashes.

Emily Jiang

Aug 30, 2018, 6:04:36 PM8/30/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Thank you Ken for getting the better time for the group! I am so excited to see quite a few of people interested in this. By the way, when I tried to update the calendar, it was updated already. Thanks whoever did this!
John, thanks for the explanation on the zoom account! Is it possible to get a dedicated MicroProfile zoom account? I also really want to see more people with the power of recording the calls. By the way, I will also bring this up in Eclipse Architecture Council meeting.

Thanks
Emily

Emily Jiang

Aug 30, 2018, 6:13:09 PM8/30/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
`One more thing:
For the ones who are going to join the call or interested in this project, please join in the following gitter room. We normally remind people about the meeting and other between meeting discussions.
https://gitter.im/eclipse/microprofile-service-mesh

Thanks
Emily

John Clingan

Aug 30, 2018, 7:46:17 PM8/30/18
to 'Emily Jiang' via Eclipse MicroProfile

On Aug 30, 2018, at 3:04 PM, 'Emily Jiang' via Eclipse MicroProfile <microp...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Thank you Ken for getting the better time for the group! I am so excited to see quite a few of people interested in this. By the way, when I tried to update the calendar, it was updated already. Thanks whoever did this!
John, thanks for the explanation on the zoom account! Is it possible to get a dedicated MicroProfile zoom account? I also really want to see more people with the power of recording the calls. By the way, I will also bring this up in Eclipse Architecture Council meeting.

If IBM wants to pay for it, yes :-)

Chat with Kevin. He’s been down this road and helped get our use for the current account.