CodeOne 2019 Live Hangout Logistics

John Clingan

Sep 4, 2019, 2:45:32 PM9/4/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
As discussed during the MicroProfile Live Hangout (video, minutes), we plan to have the next Live Hangout while many MicroProfilers attend CodeOne. We have the idea of all CodeOne attendees meeting in a common location for the call, but logistically I'm not sure if that will work out. When we tried this at a booth a couple of years ago to announce a release, we couldn't hear anything. So, I don't recommended the show floor or anywhere with a lot of background noise. Does anyone know of a relatively quiet location we could all meet at?

BTW, I suspect this will be a short meeting, regardless.

Edwin Derks

Sep 4, 2019, 2:49:12 PM9/4/19
to microp...@googlegroups.com
If I understand correctly, there should be a speakers room available in the building. That should be a relatively cosy place to do the Hangout, would it not?

Regards,

Edwin

On Wed, 4 Sep 2019 at 20:45, John Clingan <jcli...@redhat.com> wrote:
As discussed during the MicroProfile Live Hangout (video, minutes), we plan to have the next Live Hangout while many MicroProfilers attend CodeOne. We have the idea of all CodeOne attendees meeting in a common location for the call, but logistically I'm not sure if that will work out. When we tried this at a booth a couple of years ago to announce a release, we couldn't hear anything. So, I don't recommended the show floor or anywhere with a lot of background noise. Does anyone know of a relatively quiet location we could all meet at?

BTW, I suspect this will be a short meeting, regardless.

Amelia Eiras

Sep 4, 2019, 3:36:27 PM9/4/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Last year, there were round tables & chairs on the 2nd floor of the building-- i believe this year, those chairs and round table- huge might also be available.

The speaker lounge is not an option b/c it deals with being 'extra quiet" while in it Edwin.

I recommend those who can attend the call to meet 10mins before the hangout in that area to secure a big table and own the call. It is a really great space, perfect actually. Lars and I hid there last OC1 while working on the WhitePaper - hid and plane sight rocks!

Cheers,