MicroProfile 2.2 is now available!

Kevin Sutter

Feb 10, 2019, 12:33:14 PM2/10/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi,
The MicroProfile 2.2 release is now finalized!  Thanks to everyone that helped make this happen!

Reminder:  This release has enhanced the pom to behave either as a standard pom dependency or as a BOM-style dependency (same artifactId in Maven).  Check out the README for more information.

Thanks, Kevin

Kevin Sutter

Feb 10, 2019, 12:36:44 PM2/10/19
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Just a quick reminder that the official announcement is not until Tuesday, Feb 12.  So, let's keep all of the blogs and tweets quiet until then.  We can have a coordinated rollout that way with our announcement, docs, presentation, website, blogs, and tweets.  Thanks!

-- Kevin

John Clingan

Feb 10, 2019, 1:48:52 PM2/10/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Thanks for leading this release, Kevin! Congrats to the contributing teams and the broader community too!

On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 9:36:44 AM UTC-8, Kevin Sutter wrote:
Just a quick reminder that the official announcement is not until Tuesday, Feb 12.  So, let's keep all of the blogs and tweets quiet then.  We can have a coordinated rollout that way with our announcement, docs, presentation, website, blogs, and tweets.  Thanks!

m.reza.rahman

Feb 10, 2019, 3:01:25 PM2/10/19
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Is the canonical MicroProfile deck being updated?

Kevin Sutter

Feb 10, 2019, 3:03:07 PM2/10/19
to MicroProfile
Yes, sir!  Tuesday it should be available.

-- Kevin

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Eclipse MicroProfile" group.

m.reza.rahman

Feb 10, 2019, 3:23:48 PM2/10/19
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Cool. I have a JUG talk later in the month. I'll cover the update.

Martin Stefanko

Feb 11, 2019, 10:21:25 AM2/11/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Kevin someone tweeted already - https://twitter.com/edwinderks/status/1094675683119374336. Not sure if this impose a problem.

Edwin Derks

Feb 11, 2019, 11:29:29 AM2/11/19
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

sorry about the tweet regarding MP 2.2, that was me. I had taken the Github release as the official release for MP 2.2, but can't remember exactly what triggered me to even take a look at the Github page. In any case, I ended up there and was a little bit enthousiastic to get the word out. Apparently I have missed the process where we have an official, coördinated release. I know that now and apologise if this causes any inconvenience. Of course, I will be more careful next time to prevent this from happening again.

Kind regards,

Edwin

Kevin Sutter

Feb 11, 2019, 11:38:07 AM2/11/19
to MicroProfile
No problem, Edwin!  Leaks are still good promotion!

Thanks, Kevin

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Eclipse MicroProfile" group.

Sebastian Daschner

Feb 11, 2019, 12:55:12 PM2/11/19
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Very cool! Preparing a blog post on the BOM import and updating my lab content for IBM THINK (which I'll show just after that announcement :)).

Cheers,
Sebastian

Werner Keil

Feb 11, 2019, 3:20:56 PM2/11/19