MicroProfile 5.0 news and instructions

Emily Jiang

Jun 17, 2021, 1:09:05 PM6/17/21
to MicroProfile

We had very detailed discussion on MP 5.0 release in this Tuesday's meeting, where you can find the minutes here. A recording will be uploaded soon. In summary, the following spec teams need to perform javax to jakarta namespace update: Config, Fault Tolerance, Metrics, Health, Open Tracing, Rest Client, Open API, JWT.

As mentioned in the meeting, I have prototyped MP Config with Jakarta EE 9.1 alignment and also got smallrye config update and passed all tests. The effort was not big. I have done some ground work so for MP spec update and smallrye impls can benefit from what I have done.

I shared all of steps I have done with commands for your reference in the google doc here. If you found a better way to do it, please comment on the doc so that we collectively improve the operation.

With this, the spec teams can go ahead to perform your update. Any questions, please ask here.

Thanks
Emily

Emily Jiang

Jul 1, 2021, 6:45:48 AM7/1/21
to MicroProfile
Further to the technical call this week, I have raised an overall issue to track the MP 5.0 release status, which contains all of the separate issues on individual specs (component specs and standalone specs) with all of the necessary checklists and instructions. If you have any questions, please ask.
Thanks
Emily