MP-HEALTH, Digest Auth requirement for 1.0?

sst...@redhat.com

Aug 17, 2017, 8:19:30 PM8/17/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
As pointed out in issue #47, the current HealthCheck protocol requires Digest auth as a supported mechanism, and indicates that it should be the default. Is that something we do want to require for 1.0?

sst...@redhat.com

Aug 17, 2017, 9:21:54 PM8/17/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
More generally, what are the security requirements we define for the 1.0 spec? I would suggest relaxing the current security section of the spec to the following:

  • A producer MUST enforce security on all health check invocations if the context associated with the endpoint has been configured as secure.
  • A producer MAY ignore security for trusted origins (e.g., localhost)
  • HTTP Digest Auth SHOULD be one supported authentication mechanism.
  • MP-JWT Auth SHOULD be one supported authentication mechanism.

Heiko Braun

Aug 18, 2017, 7:08:38 AM8/18/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile

Please see my (lengthy) response on https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-health/issues/47 to this question.

That said, I would be much i favour if keeping the discussions on the github issues to keep it consistent.

Werner Keil

Aug 18, 2017, 7:28:45 AM8/18/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I know, prefixing messages or tags can help a bit, but wouldn't a gitter channel similar to mp-metrics also be a good idea for some aspects of health?;-)

Werner