Announcement: MicroProfile MicroProfile 2.2 Release Plan date Feb. 6th 2019

Amelia Eiras

Jan 22, 2019, 4:18:52 PM1/22/19
to MicroProfile, MicroProfile Marketing
Hola MicroProfilers,

During today’s hangout, John C. nicely threw my way the task to update our community on latest MP release. :) Thanks John!
Kevin has added the release dates to the MP calendar for everyone’s tracing! ;)

Release Status:

We continue to be light & informal on the MP releases.

This time around, how about the active MicroProfilers from the Projects mentioned below that contain the updates submit  “short” blogs to explain what’s new?

Request Goal: What’s the value of the release by project could be valuable to not only educate current MicroProfilers but also increase the interest on newcomers, who might be ready to participate, test/code/present...

Feb.6th release is assigned as “Minor. ”  The specifics are lacking. Usually, the branding side writes a short release blog stated the link above yet not owns the detail on each section. This we ought to fix with your help.

Could we, together, choose to improve that for this & future MP releases by writing efficient/simple blogs?

  • Fault Tolerance 2.0
  • Rest Client 1.2
  • OpenAPI 1.1.1
  • Open Tracing 1.3
Submitting content via the MPblogs is voluntary:

  • Visit site and follow up the process; if unclear— send PRs and make steps easier to own, you will be added as contributor on that git, ASAP, trust us is that easy: https://microprofile.io/blog/

Feedback most welcomed, our actions are the simplest and best form of feedback, #process

#walkingthetalk = OSSfun!

Happy Tuesday everyone,

John Clingan

Jan 25, 2019, 5:10:24 PM1/25/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile

On Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 1:18:52 PM UTC-8, Amelia Eiras wrote:
Hola MicroProfilers,

During today’s hangout, John C. nicely threw my way the task to update our community on latest MP release. :) Thanks John!

No problem.

Kevin has added the release dates to the MP calendar for everyone’s tracing! ;)

Release Status:

We continue to be light & informal on the MP releases.

This time around, how about the active MicroProfilers from the Projects mentioned below that contain the updates submit  “short” blogs to explain what’s new?

Great idea!