Role of PMC in MicroProfile

Scott Stark

Oct 6, 2020, 2:41:35 PM10/6/20
to MicroProfile
The EFSP has this requirement for releasing specification artifacts:

The final build of the Specification Version’s artifacts must be delivered to the PMC and Specification Committee before the start of the Release Review. The final build may be staged before the start of the review, but must not be distributed as an official release until the Release Review is successfully completed.

Part of the process we have in the Jakarta space to send emails to the PMC to get its approval. We are trying to streamline this because the PMC is also part of the specification committee, and their vote there should be able to convey both specification technical/process approval as well as any openness, PMC level concerns.

So the question is, is the best process for MP to use the send email to PMC asking for approval route, or have the PMC join in specification ballots on the specification committee?

Amelia Eiras

Oct 6, 2020, 3:40:27 PM10/6/20
to MicroProfile Community, Microprofile WG Discussions
Scott,

Thank you for pushing the discussion forward.

The email that needs to be used to track such approvals is the Microprofile WG Discussions <micropr...@eclipse.org> newly created.
We decided that 1 email will be used for voting purposes.